|Prof Lye Sun Woh|
Deputy Director, Air Traffic Management Research Institute
Division of Manufacturing Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
- PhD University of Bath 1987
- BSc(Hons) University of Bath 1983
|Dr Sun-Woh Lye, FIES, is currently in the School of Mchanical and Aerospace Engineering since 1987. He received his Bachelor and PhD degrees from the University of Bath, England. Amongst the courses that he taught at both undergraduate and graduate levels are industrial design, advanced product design for manufacture, virtual design and manufacture, optimisation, process engineering and foam moulding and fabrication. He has published many international journal and conference papers namely in design and process decision support systems, monitoring, sensing and modeling analysis of mechanical designs and processes, foam and composite design and manufacture. He had also served as a consultant and expert member to several engineering and governmental related companies in the training, problem solving, evaluation of engineering design, drawing interpreattions, manufacturing and research projects and product development. He also served as chairman of engineering professional institution, international conferences and reviewer of international journals relating to design and manufacturing. For his contributions, he has been the recipient of a number of internationally acclaimed awards for Best Paper Award, Outstanding Young Engineers Award, Outstanding Youth Award, International Merit Award for Contribution to the Engineering Profession in design and manufacture.|
|His research interests include Design and process decision support systems. Statistical sensing and modeling analysis for mechanical design and processes, foam and composite design and manufacture.|
|Research Grant |
- Air Traffic Management Research Institute (ATMRI) (2013-) [by Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS)]
|Current Projects |
- ATMRI Administrations, Facilities and Operations
- ATMRI Projects
- An Investigation into Micro Feature Joining and Assembly Alignment via Photo-Acoustic Method
- An ivestigative study into foot characterization and sole design
- Biomedical and pharmaceutical engineering cluster seed grant
- Novel manufacturing and biomedical system
- M Mirkhalaf , S B Tor , V M Murukeshan, N H Loh and S W Lye. (2010). Optimization of Compression Molding of Stand-alone Microlenses: Simulation and Experimental Results. Polymer Engineering & Science, 50(11), 2216-2228.
- Mirkhalaf M, Tor SB, Murukeshan VM, Loh NH, Lye SW. (2009). Fabrication of a stand-alone polymer microlens: design of molding apparatus, simulation and experimental results. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 19(9)(9), Article Number: 095005.
- Leong, K.C. and Lye, S.W. (2008, February). Aerospace Engineering Education and Research in Nanyang Technological University. Paper presented at NCATMC 2008 New Challenges in Aerospace Technology & Maintenance Conference, Singapore.
- Lee S.G., Lye S.W., Chew Boon Hock. (2004). Virtual design and testing of protective packaging buffers. Computers in Industry, 54, 209-221.
- Lee S.G., Lye S.W. (2003). Design for Manual Packaging. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 33(1-2), 163-189.