|Assoc Prof Sridhar Idapalapati|
Division of Manufacturing Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4784
- PhD University of Cambridge 1999
- MTech Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur 1994
- BTech(Dist) Jawaharlal Nehru Technological Univ 1991
|Assoc Prof. Sridhar Idapalapati is currently in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engg since June 2001. He received his Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from Jawarhal Nehru Technological University (India), Master of Technology from IIT Kanpur and Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge (UK) respectively. His research interests broadly in mechanics of materials include sandwich structures, failure analysis, powder consolidation, composite materials and contact mechanics. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 42 journal papers and presented over 30 conference presentations. He has written 4 books chapters. He has been regular reviewer for several international journals including Journal of mechanics & physics of solids, Journal of Composite Materials, Materials Science & Engg (A & B), International Journal of Mechanical sciences, Journal of Materials Research. He supervised 4 PhD students and 1 MEng students till 2007. Currently, 4 PhD students are working under his supervision.|
|Mechanics of Materials; Failure Ananlysis; composites consolidation with CNTs; Optimal Sandwich Panels design as protective structures; Nanoindentation and contact mechanics especially for adhesion; bone fracture fixation|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2009-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2010-) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2012-) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2009-) [by Ministry of Defense (MINDEF)]
- Ministry of Defense (2010-2013) [by Ministry of Defense (MINDEF)]
- Supplementary Equipment Purchase (2006-)
- Vestas-NTU (2011-)
- Vestas-NTU (2011-) [by Vestas Technology R & D Singapore Ltd]
|Current Projects |
- Characterisation of materials by micro/nano indentation test
- Development and application of mesh-distortion tolerant finite elements for large deformation and vibration problems
- Fatigue Life Prediction of Composite Structures in Elevated Temperature Environments
- Fatigue life of adhesively bonded composite joints
- Fracture capacity investigation of pipeline girth welds during installation and operation
- Investigation of Biaxial Material Characteristics of Fibre Reinforced Plastic Composites
- Modified micro/nano indentation test for materials characterization
- Optimal Design of Armor Materials
- Smart Sensing Wind Turbine Blade
- Smart Sensing Wind Turbine Blade
- The Purchase of T-Joint FE Modelling
- Karthic R Narayanan, S Subbiah, I Sridhar* (Corresponding Author, I. Sridhar). (2011). Indentation of single crystal copper using rate independent crystal plasticity. Applied Physics A Solids and Surfaces, 105, 453-461.
- Yi Dake, Xiao Zhongmin, Z Jiang, I Sridhar. (2011). On the plastic zone size and crack tip opening displacement of a sub-surface crack in an infinite bi-material plater. Philosophical Magazine, 91(26), 3456 – 3472.
- Kapil Mohan, Yip Tik Hon, Idapalapati Sridhar, Chen Zhong. (2011). Impact Response of Aluminum Foam Core Sandwich Structures. Materials Science And Engineering A-Structural Materials Properties Microstructure And Processing, 529, 94-101.
- Karthic R. Naraynan, I. Sridhar, S. Subbiah. (2010). Effect of Cold Work on the Mechanical Response of Drawn Ultra-Fine Gold Wire. Computational Materials Science, 49(1S), 119-125.
- Liao Jinzhi, Tan Ming Jen, Idapalapati Sridhar. (2010). Spark Plasma Sintered Multiwall Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Aluminum Matrix Composites. Materials & Design, 31(S1), 96-100.