|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Phee Soo Jay, Louis
Acting Dean, College of Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6592 1636
- PhD Scuola Superiore Sant' Anna 2002
- MEng Nanyang Technological University 1999
- BEng(Hons) Nanyang Technological University 1996
|Dr Louis Phee is Professor of Mechanical Engineering. He serves as Chair, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering at NTU. His research interests include Medical Robotics and Mechatronics in Medicine. He had served as the Program Manager of A*STAR’s inaugural MedTech Program. Currently, he is also the CEO of EndoMaster Pte Ltd, a company he co-founded to commercialize a surgical robotic system he developed. Dr Phee was awarded the Young Scientist Award 2006, the Outstanding Young Persons of Singapore Award 2007, the Nanyang Outstanding Young Alumni Award 2011, Nanyang Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award 2013 and the President’s Technology Award 2012. In 2005, he was awarded the Best Paper Award at the prestigious IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation. He has published over 60 international journals and book chapters and has licensed out more than 10 intellectual properties.|
|His current research works focus on Medical Robotics and Mechatronics in Medicine.|
- NRF Investigatorship (2016-) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NTU Internal Funding (2015-2018) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- NTU Internal Funding - Monetary Academic Resources for Research (2014-2019) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Start Up Grant (2014-2019) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) using Master Slave Robotic System in Humans - collaborative Study
- Extending The Reach Of Flexible Robotics Surgery
- Faculty Recruitment Travel Budget
- Magnetically Actuated Ingestible Weight Management Capsule
- Nanyang Awards for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Robotic Thyroidectomy
- Towards a New Generation of Wearable Medical Devices: Cognition, Ergonomics and Design
- Ultrafast Photonics
- N. Liu, W.M. Huang, S.J. Phee, T.H. Tong. (2008). Formation of Micro Protrusions atop Thermo-responsive Shape Memory Polymer. Smart Materials and Structures , 17(057001), 6pp.
- G.H. Pan, W.M. Huang, Z.C. Ng, N. Liu, S.J. Phee. (2008). The glass transition temperature of polyurethane shape memory polymer reinforced with treated/non-treated attapulgite (playgorskite) clay in dry and wet conditions. Smart Materials and Structures , 17(045007), 6 pp.
- S.C. Low, S.J. Phee, S.W. Tang, Z.M. Thant, K.Y. Ho, S.C Chung.(2008). Master-Slave Robotic System for Therapeutic Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Procedures. Encyclopedia of Healthcare Information Systems, Information Science ReferenceIGI Publishing.
- S. J. Phee, S. C. Low, Z. L. Sun, K. Y. Ho, W. M. Huang, Z. M. Thant. (2008). Robotic System for No-Scar Gastrointestinal Surgery. International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, 4(1), 15-22.
- K.Y. Ho, S.J.L. Phee, B.Y.J. So, S.C.S. Chung. (2007). Robotic Manipulator for Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 65(5), AB110.