|Assoc Prof Appa Iyer Sivakumar|
Director, Undergraduate Research Experience on Campus Programme Office
Division of Systems and Engineering Management
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5050
- PhD University of Bradford 1985
- BEng(Hons) University of Bradford 1979
|Dr. Appa Iyer Sivakumar
B.Eng, PhD, C.Eng, MIMechE, MIET(Lond)
Dr.Sivakumar is an Associate Professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and a Faculty Fellow of Singapore - Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Alliance (SMA-MST programme) He was at Gintic Institute of Manufacturing Technology, Singapore prior to this appointment. His research interests are in the area of OR, Optimization, Advanced Manufacturing Systems engineering, Discrete Event Simulation, Scheduling, Logistics, Supply chain design, and Research Methodology. He has many years of industrial and research experience in the UK prior to the post in Singapore in 1993. He received a Bachelors of Engineering in Manufacturing Systems Engineering and a PhD in Manufacturing Systems Engineering from University of Bradford, UK. He has made many contributions at international conferences and journals. He has trained and supervised a number of PhD students and many Master’s level students. He has been the Technical Committee Chairman of ICCIM and co-edited the proceedings of the 3rd and 4th International Conference on Computer Integrated Manufacturing (ICCIM ’95 and ICCIM’97), Singapore.
Dr. Sivakumar is the chairman of the NTU Undergraduate Research Experience on CAmpus (URECA) programme.
Dr. Sivakumar is also the chairman of the NTU MAE Engineering Innovation and Design (EID) programme.
|Advanced Manufacturing Systems Engineering; Design, Planning, & Scheduling of Manufacturing systems; Supply Chain and Logistics Analysis; Operations Research; Planning & design of Supply Chain; Multi-Objective Optimization, Discrete Event Simulation, Scheduling, Logistics, and Research Methodology|
|Research Grant |
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre (2005-)
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre (2006-)
|Current Projects |
- A model of special economic zone in India with enhanced efficiency in supply chain operation and logistics
- Design and Planning of Supply Chains for Emerging Industries
- Quality/Quantity Research - Empirical and Numercial Studies
- K N Krishnaswamy, Appa Iyer Sivakumar, M Mathirajan. (2006). Management Research Methodology: Integration of Principles, Methods and Techniques. Pearson Education.