|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Yeo Swee Hock
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5539
- PhD National University of Singapore 1993
- MEng National University of Singapore 1983
- BSc(Eng)(Hons) University of London, Queen Mary 1981
|Assoc. Professor Yeo is currently in the School of Mech & Aerospace Eng since 1981. He received his Bachelor degree (first class) in Mechanical Engineering from Queen Mary College, Univ of London, Master and Ph.D. degrees from the National Univ of Singapore respectively. His research interests include Manufacturing process, and micromachining. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 100 international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals. |
|Assoc Professor Yeo's areas of expertise are manufacturing processes and micromachining. His current research works focus on micro electrical discharge machining and development of micromachining systems.|
- Aerofoil leading edge linishing and advanced surface finishing & manufacturing automation of aero components
- Characterization and Simulation of Micro/Nano Scale Surface Deformation and Texture Generation in Ultra-Precision Turning
- Characterization and Simulation of the Sub-micron Flatness of Precision Turned Surface Topography
- Development of Automated Deburring Solution for Large Structures (Phase II) and Automation of Advanced Surface Finishing for Aero Components
- Development of Smart Abrasives for Optimized Media Finishing Process
- Development of automated dressing for Op. 560 and Advanced Surface Finishing & Manufacturing Automation of Aero Components
- Feasibility Studies on the Development of Slurry-assisted Grinding for Surface Texturing
- Near-field scanning optical microscopy for the characteristation of surface and subsurface nanostructures
- Post-Process Surface Finishing Of Metal AddictiveManufactured Components
- RR @ NTU Corp Lab - Manufacturing & Repair Technology
- Studies On Microelectronics Devices Using FIB Technology
- R. Mediratta, K. Ahluwalia, S. H. Yeo. (2018). Surface motion analysis of double vibropolishing of Ti-6Al-4V. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, .
- Y. Sun, T. T. Vu, Z. Halil, S. H. Yeo, A. Wee. (2017). Material removal prediction for contact wheels based on a dynamic pressure sensor. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, .
- K. Ahluwalia, R. Mediratta, and S.H. Yeo. (2017). Process monitoring of Vibropolishing in trough system. World Congress on Engineering 2017.
- Vu Trong Thien, Zulqarnain A. Halil, Sun Yajuan, Yeo Swee Hock. (2017). Assessment of micro-terrain features using dynamic tactile pressure sensor. 2017 IEEE International Conference on Applied System Innovation.
- Vu Trong Thien ,Zulqarnain Bin Abdul Halil, Sun Yajuan ,Yeo Swee Hock, Arthur Wee. (2017, February). Surface Finishing: Experimental Study of Pressure Distribution by Compliant Contact Wheels. Paper presented at 2017 3rd International Conference on Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering, Paris, France.
« Back to Research Directory