|A/P Tor is currently in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering since 1990. He obtained his Bachelor of Science from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Westminster, England, the then Polytechnic of Central London. He obtained his Ph.D. from the same University. He joined Hewlett-Packard Asia in 1986, and was subsequently promoted to R&D Productivity Manager. His research interests include micro fabrications, Mold and Tool Design and Manufacturing Informatics. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 150 top quality international journal and conference papers. He has successfully commercialised a productivity CAD tool for plastic injection mould designer: QuickMould TM. The software was merged with the suite of CAD/CAM software from a leading U.S. based MNC: Unigraphics Solutions. A/P Tor is the faculty fellow of Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU)since 1999. A/P Tor has also been appointed as Lecturer by MIT department of Mechanical Engineering since 2000 through his invlovement in SMA-IMST and SMA-MST programs.|
- Investigation on relationships between processing parameters and part spatial configuration in additive manufacturing
- Work Package 3 (Electron Beam Melting)
- B Saha, S B Tor, E Liu , D E Hardt, J H Chun. (2012). Titanium-aluminum-polytetrafluoroethylene coated stainless steel micromold via co-sputtering deposition: replication performance and limitation in hot-embossing. Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical, 163 (1)(DOI, 10.1016/j.snb.2), pp. 290-298.
- B Saha, S B Tor, E Liu , D E Hardt, J H Chun. (2011). Hot-embossing performance of silicon micromold coated with self-assembled n-octadecyltrichlorosilane. Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical, 160, 207-214.
- J. Meng, N. H. Loh; G. Fu; B. Y. Tay; S. B. Tor. (2011). Micro powder injection moulding of alumina micro-channel part. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 31(6), 1049-1056.
- L Liu, NH Loh, BY Tay, SB Tor, HQ Yin, XH Qu. (2011). Investigation on final stage sintering of microsize structures prepared by micro powder injection molding. Applied Physics A-Materials Science & Processing, 103(4), 1145-1151.
- Junhu Meng; Ngiap Hiang Loh; Bee Yen Tay; Shu Beng Tor; Gang Fu; Khiam Aik Khor; Ligen Yu. (2011). Pressureless spark plasma sintering of alumina micro-channel part produced by micro powder injection molding. Scripta Materialia, 64(3), 237-240.