|Assoc Prof Rajesh Piplani|
Division of Systems and Engineering Management
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5601
- PhD Purdue University 1995
- MS Arizona State University 1990
- BSc Aligarh Muslim University 1984
|Dr. Rajesh Piplani is the director of the Center for Supply Chain Management at NTU. He obtained his M.S. in Industrial Engineering from Arizona State University in 1990, and his Ph. D. from Purdue University in 1995. Dr. Piplani is listed in Marquis Who is Who in Science and Engineering in USA (1998-1999).
He has over seven years of industry experience in India and USA in the areas of Supply-chain management and production planning of power plant equipment and semiconductor fabrication facilities. Since 1998, he has been on the faculty of NTU.
He is Program Manager, Integrated Manufacturing and Service Systems (IMSS) for Singapore funding agency A*Star, managing the SGD 8 Million program. He is an associate consultant with Y3 Technologies. He also sits on the eSCM council of Singapore Manufacturers Association and council of Supply Management Institute of Germany.
|Dr. Piplani's interests are in the area of supply chain management of manufacturing enterprises, supply chain coordination, reverse logistics and design and analysis of manufacturing systems.|
|Research Grant |
- GSK-Singapore Partnership (2012-) [by Economic Development Board (EDB), GlaxoSmithKline Pte Ltd]
- NTU Internal Funding - New Initiative Funding (2011-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Closed loop manufacturing and service networks
- Design of performance-based contracts for repairable inventory systems
- Impact of Carbon Control on Operations and Supply Chain
- Impact of Carbon on Operations and Supply Chain
- Inventory Model Sensitivity Measure and Optimal Decision for MTS-MTO System
- Multi-period Semi-finished-goods Inventory and WIP Optimization in Capacitated MTS-MTO System
- Reducing Excess Production of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient during Early-Phase Development
- Zou Xuxia, Shaligram Pokharel, Piplani R. (2008). A two-period supply contract model for a decentralized assembly system. European Journal of Operational Research, 187(1), 257-274.
- S Viswanathan, Handik Widiarta, Piplani R. (2007). Value of Information Exchange and Synchronization in a Multi-Tier Supply Chain. International Journal of Production Research, 45, 5057-5074.
- Piplani R., Yonghui Fu. (2005). A coordination framework for supply chain inventory alignment. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 16(6), 598-614.
- Piplani R., S Viswanathan. (2003). A model for Evaluating Supplier Owned Inventory Strategy. International Journal of Production Economics, 81-82(C), 565-571.
- S Viswanathan, Piplani R. (2001). Coordinating Supply Chain Inventories Through Common Replenishment Epochs. European Journal of Operational Research, 129, 277-286.