|Asst Prof Wan Man Pun |
Division of Thermal and Fluids Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5498
- PhD (MechEng) The Hong Kong U of Science & Tech 2006
- MPhil (MechEng) The Hong Kong U of Science & Tech 2002
- BEng (MechEng) The Hong Kong U of Science & Tech 2000
|Prof Wan is currently in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (Thermal & Fluids Division) since August 2009. Before joing this university, Prof Wan was an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering in Kyungpook National University, South Korea. He received his Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master and Ph.D. degrees from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. His research interests include aerosol sciences, building environmental quality and catalytic combustion. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 40 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including Atmospheric Environment, Indoor Air, Building and Environment, etc. Prof Wan is a member of ASME and KSME.|
|Prof Wan's areas of expertise are aerosol sciences, building environmental quality and catalytic combustion. His current research works focus on transport of expiratory aerosols in indoor environments and infectious disease transmission, ultrafine particle dynamics, mass transfer and chemical kinetics in catalytic oxidation systems.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR-MND Green Building Joint Grant Call (2012-) [by Ministry of National Development (MND), A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Housing and Development Board - NTU (2011-) [by Housing & Development Board]
- Housing and Development Board - NTU (2012-)
- NRF CREATE (2012-2017) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NTU Internal Funding - College of Engineering (2010-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- NTU Internal Funding - Sustainable Earth Office (2013-)
- Progen - NTU (2013-)
- Start Up Grant (2010-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Chilled Ceiling Air-Conditioning System for Tropical Climates
- Development of a User-Friendly Evaluation Tool for Design and Analysis of Building Energy Efficiency
- Energy Modeling and Simulation of NTU Campus Buildings for Future Renovations in Singapore
- High Performance Cool Roof Coating for Green Buildings
- Investigation on the transport characteristic of expiratory aerosols and their relations with infectious disease transmission in indoor environment
- Singapore-Berkeley Building Efficiency and Sustainability in the Tropics
- Study of Cool Coating for Facade
- Study of Cool Roof Materials for HDB Buildings
- Using Cool (High Albedo) Building Pavement Surfaces as a strategic measure for energy saving and reduction of heat island effect in Singapore
- You S and Wan MP. (2013). Mathematical Models for the van der Waals Force and Capillary Force between a Rough Particle and Surface. Langmuir, 29, 9104 - 9117.
- Wan MP, Wu CL, Sze To GN, Chan TC, Chao CYH. (2011). Ultrafine particles, and PM2.5 generated from cooking in homes. Atmospheric Environment, 45(34), 6141 - 6148.
- Wan MP, Hui KS, Chao CYH, Kwong CW. (2010). Catalytic combustion of methane with ozone using Pd-exchanged zeolite X: experimental investigation and kinetics model. Combustion Science and Technology, 182(10), 1429 — 1445.
- Wan MP, Sze To GN, Chao CYH, Fang L, Melikov A. (2009). Modeling the fate of expiratory aerosols and the associated infection risk in an aircraft cabin environment. Aerosol Science & Technology, 43(4), 322-343.