|Prof Lim obtained his BEng with first class honours from the University of Singapore in 1974 and his MSc and PhD from Universite Du Maine (France) in 1975 and 1977 respectively. He attended the Summer Program (Applied Acoustics) at the MIT in 1986 and the Advanced Management Program at the Harvard in 2002.
Prof Lim Mong King is working under the Engineering Mechanics Division of the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, NTU. The group focuses on a wide range of topics including mechanical design, dynamics, design optimisation, smart structural systems. His current focused research topics include micro sensors & actuators for bio-engineering applications, structural dynamics modelling and noise & vibration control. Prof Lim has worked on over 130 publications. His publications appeared in world renowned journals such as “Journal of Sound and Vibration” and “Journal of Applied Mechanics”.
- Lau, G. K., Du, H., Lim, M. K. (2001). Use of functional specifications as objective functions in topological optimization of compliant mechanism. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 190(34), 4421-4433.
- Lau, G. K., Du, H., Lim, M. K. (2001). Convex analysis for topology optimization of compliant mechanisms. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 22(4), 284-294.
- lau g k, Du H.J., Lim M.K. (2001). Convex Analysis for Topological Optimization of Compliant Mechanism. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 22, 284-294.
- lau g k, Du H.J., Lim M.K. (2001). Techniques to Suppress Intermediate Density in Topology Optimization of Compliant Mechanisms. Computational Mechanics, 27, 426-435.
- Lau G K, Du H.J., Guo N.Q., Lim M.K. (2001). Systematic Design of Displacement-amplifying Mechanisms for Piezoelectric Stacked Actuators Using Topology Optimization. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 11, 685-695.