|Assoc Prof Chua Leok Poh |
Division of Thermal and Fluids Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5611
- PhD University of Newcastle(N.S.W.) 1990
- BE(Hons) University of Newcastle(N.S.W.) 1985
|Chua Leok Poh received his BE (1985, with Class 1 honor) and Ph. D. (1990) from the University of Newcastle (Australia) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. He joined the Nanyang Technological Institute as a lecturer in the School of Mechanical and Production Engineering, he was then promoted to Senior Lecturer in 1995. He was appointed as an Associate Professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering of Nanyang Technological University since 1999. He has published more than 90 Journal papers, 150 conference papers and three chapters in the book 'Cardiac Pumping and Perfusion Engineering'.|
|My research interest is in Bio-fluid engineering espcially on the numerical simulations and measurements (Laser Doppler Anemometer and Particle Image Velocimetry) of the Coronary Bypass Grafting and the Artificial Heart Pumps (both Centrifugal and Axial blood pumps). Furthermore, the design of sleeve connector for the prolong patency of the Coronary Bypass Graft at the distal anastomosis. In addition, I am also interested in turbulent flow measurements using both hot-wire and cold-wire probes in various jet configulations, confined jet and low speed flow measurements.|
|Research Grant |
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore - NTU (2007-) [by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)]
- Su Boyang, Chua Leok Poh, Wang Xikun. (2012). Validation of an Axial Flow Blood Pump: Computational Fluid Dynamics Results Using Particle Image Velocimetry. Artificial Organs, 36(4), 359-367.
- Su Boyang Chua Leok Poh, Lim Tau Meng. (2011). Validation of an axial flow blood pump computational fluid dynamics results using particle image velocimetry. Artificial Organs, Minor Revision.
- Su Boyang, Chua Leok Poh, Lim Tau Meng Zhou Tongming. (2010). Evaluation of the impeller shroud performance of an axial flow VAD using Computational Fluid Dynamics. Artificial Organs, 34(9), 745-759.
- G.L. Song, L.P. Chua and Lim TM. (2009). Numerical study of a bio-centrifugal blood pump with straight impeller blade profiles. Artificial Organs, .
- Su Boyang Chua Leok Poh Lim Tau Meng. (2009). 17th Congress of the international Society for rotary blood pumps: Evaluation of the impeller shroud performance of an axial flow VAD using Computational Fluid Dynamics.Singapore.