|Dr. Li received the Bachelor degree in Polymer Engineering from Beijing Institute of Chemical Technology in 1982, the Master and PhD degrees in Polymer Science from Kyoto University in 1986 and 1989 respectively. During the period from 1989 to 1999, he worked as a R&D scientist, research fellow, and senior scientist at several industrial and academic laboratories in Japan and Canada. He did his postdoctoral research in the group of Professor Mitchell A Winnik in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Toronto, Canada.
Since 1999, Dr. Li has been an Associate Professor in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU). His current research interests and activities include (i) synthesis of polymer nanoparticles for gene delivery, (ii) development of conductive polymers for fuel cells, (iii) fabrication of micro- to nano-sized drug particles, (iv) polymer rheology & processing, etc. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 150 journal papers. His journal papers have garnered more than 2,800 citations (SCI) with a Hirsch-index of 32.
Over the years in NTU, Dr. Li has supervised 8 Doctoral and 11 Master Thesis or Dissertation projects. Since 2002, Dr. Li has served as a Regional Editor for Journal of the Society of Rheology Japan.
|(i) polymeric gels & hydrogels, (ii) controlled drug release from hydrogels, (iii) synthesis of nanoparticles for gene delivery, (iv) development of conductive polymers for fuel cells, (v) fabrication of micro- to nano-sized drug particles, (vi) polymer rheology & processing, etc.|
- Development of micro fuel cells by conductive polymer composites and micro injection molding technologies
- N. G. Sahoo, H. Bao, Y. Pan, M. Pal, M. Kakran, H. K. F. Cheng, L. Li*, L. P. Tan. (2011). Functionalized Carbon Nanomaterials as Nanocarriers for Loading and Delivery of Poorly Water-soluble Anticancer Drug: A Comparative Study. Chemical Communications, 47(18), 5235–5237.
- H. Bao, Y. Pan, Y. Ping, N. G. Sahoo, T. Wu, L. Li*, J. Li, L. H. Gan. (2011). Chitosan Functionalized Graphene Oxide as a Nanocarrier for Drug and Gene Delivery. Small, 7(11), 1569–1578.
- Y. Pan, H. Bao, N. G. Sahoo, T. Wu, L. Li*. (2011). Water-Soluble Poly(N-isopropylacrylamide)-Graphene Sheets Synthesized via Click Chemistry for Drug Delivery. Advanced Functional Materials, 21(14), 2754–2763.
- H. Bao, L. Li*, W. C. Leong, L. H. Gan. (2010). Thermo-responsive Association of Chitosan-graft-Poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) in Aqueous Solutions. Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 114(32), 10666–10673.
- H. Bao, L. Li*, L. H. Gan, Y. Ping, J. Li, P. Ravi. (2010). Thermo- and pH-responsive Association Behavior of Dual Hydrophilic Graft Chitosan Terpolymer Synthesized via ATRP and Click Chemistry. Macromolecules, 43(13), 5679–5687.