|Assoc Prof Leong Kah Fai |
Deputy Director, Institute for Sports Research
Head, Division of Systems and Engineering Management
Division of Systems and Engineering Management
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4364
- MSME Stanford University 1987
- MSE Stanford University 1987
- BEng(Hons) National University of Singapore 1981
|Leong Kah Fai is an associate professor in the School of Mechanical and Production Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He obtained his B.Eng. (Mech.) with Honours from the National University of Singapore in 1981 and M.Sc. degrees in Engineering Product Design and Mechanical Engineering, from Stanford University in 1987. Prior to joining NTU, he has worked several years as a product development engineer and designer in the Singapore electronics industries. He was awarded the Merit Award in 1994 and Distinguished Award in 1997 for his contributions to the national standardisation program. He has co-authored four books, published several book chapters and more than 100 papers in international journals, conferences, and seminars in these areas. He has been invited as a keynote speaker for a number of premier conferences and has acted as reviewers for several journals, including Trends in Biotechnology, Biomaterials, International Journal of Product Development, etc. He is also the winner of the Emerald Highly Commended Award in Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2007 for his paper in Rapid Prototyping Journal,|
|His principal areas of research interests are in rapid prototyping and its applications in biomedical applications, including tissue engineering, product design and development science and design education.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2013-) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- International Table Tennis Federation - NTU (2012-) [by International Table Tennis Federation]
- ROSSIGNOL XC - NTU (2012-) [by ROSSIGNOL XC]
- SIMTech - NTU Joint Lab (2011-) [by A*STAR Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech)]
- SIMTech - NTU Joint Lab (2012-) [by A*STAR Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech)]
|Current Projects |
- Ball Test
- Customized and functionally-driven tissue engineerig scaffolds
- Manufacturing functionally graded components using selective laser melting
- SIMTech-NTU collaborative joint laboratory (3D additive manufacturing)
- Skiing Compression Garment
- Solvent Free Fabrication of Synthetic Porous Membrane for Engineering Three Dimensional Organized Tissue
- Yeong WY, Sudarmadji N, Yu H, Chua CK, Leong KF, SV Subbu, FY Boey and Tan LP. (2010). Porous polycaprolactone scaffold for cardiac tissue engineering fabricated by selective laser sintering. Acta Biomaterialia, .
- Chua CK, Leong KF, Lim CS and Vu TT. (2010). Multimedia Courseware for Teaching of Rapid Prototyping Systems. Rapid Prototyping Journal, 16(2), 80-89.
- C K Chua, K F Leong and K H Tan. (2009). Specialized Fabrication Process: Rapid PrototypingBiomaterials: Process, Characterization and Applications. Germany: Springer Verlag.
- Chong Yih Tng, Chen Chun-Hsien, Leong Kah Fai. (2009). A Heuristic-based Approach to Conceptual Design. Research in Engineering Design, 20(2), 97-116.
- Chong, Y.T., Chen C.-H., Leong, K.F. (2009). Human-Centric Product Conceptualization Using a Design Space Framework. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 23(2), 149-156.