|Professor Leong Kai Choong joined the then Nanyang Technological Institute (NTI) as a Lecturer in 1984 after working for several years as a mechanical engineer in the manufacturing and construction industry in Singapore. As Associate Professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) since 1991 and Fellow of the Renaissance Engineering Programme (REP) at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) since 2011, he had served concurrently as Vice-Dean (Academic) from June 2002 to May 2006 and then as Associate Chair (Academic) from June 2006 to May 2008. Dr Leong’s research has focused on the thermal management of electronic packages and heat transfer in nanofluids. He has been principal investigator and active co-investigator for many research projects funded by NTU and external funding agencies and has published more than 70 papers in refereed international journals, more than 50 papers in international conference proceedings and 5 book chapters.
Dr. Leong has served in a variety of positions in several professional societies. He was President of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Singapore Chapter in 1994-1995. He is a Registered Professional Engineer (Mechanical) in Singapore and a Senior Member of the Institution of Engineers, Singapore.
Professor Leong enjoys teaching Heat Transfer to third year mechanical engineering and aerospace engineering students and the fundamentals of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and heat and mass transfer to first year students in the REP. He was voted by MAE students as the Year 3 Teacher-of-the-Year in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- A High Efficient Waste Heat Driven Quad-generation Plant
- Energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness of cooling and thermal storage technologies for district cooling systems in Singapore
- Nanostructured Surface Enhanced Boiling for Advanced Cooling
- Simultaneous adsorption cooling and water production using simulated waste heat
- Pranoto, I., Leong, K.C. and Jin, L.W. (2012). The role of graphite foam pore structure on saturated pool boiling enhancement. Applied Thermal Engineering, 42, 163 - 172.
- Leong, K.C. and Li, H.Y. (2011). Theoretical study of the effective thermal conductivity of graphite foam based on a unit cell model. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 54(25 – 26), 5491 – 5496.
- Leong, K.C., Li. H.Y., Jin, L.W. and Chai, J.C.,. (2011). Convective heat transfer in graphite foams with baffle and stagger structures. Trans. ASME, Journal of Heat Transfer, 133(6), 060902-1 - 060902-9.
- Li. H.Y., Leong, K.C., Jin, L.W. and Chai, J.C. (2010). Transient behavior of fluid flow and heat transfer with phase change in vertical porous channels. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 53(23-24), 5209–5222.
- Murshed, S.M.S., Leong, K.C. and Yang, C. (2008). Characterization of electrokinetic properties of nanofluids. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 8(11), 5966 - 5971.