|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Miao Jianmin
Mechanics & Optical Engineering Cluster
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6038
- Dr.-Ing. Technical University of Darmstadt 1996
- Dipl.-Ing. Technical University of Darmstadt 1991
- BEng Tongji University 1985
|Professor Jiamin MIAO is an Associate Professor and Director of Micromachines (MEMS) Centre in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He received his Bachelor Degree from Tongji University of Shanghai, Dipl.-Ing. (Master Degree) and Dr.-Ing. (PhD) from Darmstadt University of Technology (Germany) with distinction in the field of MEMS. After his MEMS R&D experience in the industry, he joined the Nanyang Technological University in 1998 to establish the Micromachines (MEMS) Centre as Founding Director and is also the Director of MEMS strategic research program. Dr. Miao has published 100 journal papers, 150 conference papers and several books/book chapters, and filed 5 patents. He has been awarded many project grants from A*Star, MOE, DSO and industries in Singapore, US and Europe. He served as chair and co-chair of the MEMS international conferences, technical committee member for international conferences including IEEE-MEMS and Transducers. He is the reviewer for the numerous journals such as Nature-Nanotechnology, Journal of MEMS, Nanotechnology, etc. Dr. Miao was invited by many international MEMS conferences as plenary speaker, keynote lecturer and invited speaker.|
|MEMS, biochip and nanofabrication technologies, inertial sensors, acoustical and ultrasonic transducers, RF MEMS, biosensors, MEMS for environmental monitoring, carbon nanotubes based NEMS, through-silicon via interconnects, MEMS packaging.|
- A*STAR (2014-) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2013-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2012-2015)
- Economic Development Board (EDB) Grant (2014-2017) [by Economic Development Board (EDB)]
- NRF OSTIn Space Research Program (2014-) [by Economic Development Board (EDB)]
- SMA Graduate Fellowship Research Supplement (2013-) [by Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA)]
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre (2014-) [by Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART)]
- Biological nanomotors for drug delivery and energy production
- Biomimetic Water Flow / Quality Sensors and Air Flow / Quality Sensors (subaward agreement no. II - 16 NTU CENSAM)
- Carbon nanotubes based micro-cooling systems
- Chemical sensors for the in-situ water quality monitoring in reservoirs
- Chip encapsulation of MEMS devices
- Chip encapsulation of MEMS devices
- Design and fabrication of high power RF MEMS switch with high reliability, high speed and low insetion loss
- Design, fabrication and testing of MEMS Pressure Sensor arrays for underwater sensing
- Development of Microfabricated Travelling-wave Tube Amplifers (TWTAs) at Ka-band
- Lensless Digital Holographic Microscope for MEMS Inspection
- Light Field Imaging Spectrometer (LFIS) for Atmosphere Pollution Monitoring by Satellite
- Magnetofluidic spreading: the roles of magnetoviscous effect, bulk magnetic force, magnetophoresis and convective transport
- Measurement and modeling of airflow and temperatures in densely developed urban environments
- Nucleate boiling on passive and active flexible micro-structured surfaces
- Precise visualization of fine needle aspiration under ultrasound guidance using MEMS technique
- Small key equipment for wafer-level MEMS packaging and dicing
- Underwater Pressure Sensors Inspired by Harbor Seal's Whiskers
- Jingyu Lu, Jianmin Miao, and Leslie K. Norford. (2013). Localized synthesis of horizontally suspended carbon nanotubes. Carbon, 57, 259-266.
- Hao-Bing Liu, Nay Lin, Shan-Shan Pan, Jianmin Miao, and Leslie K. Norford. (2013). High sensitivity, miniature, full 2D anemometer based on MEMS hot-film sensors. IEEE Sensors Journal , 13(5), 1914-1920.
- Singh Pushpapraj; Miao Jianmin; Park Woo-Tae, Kwong DL. (2013). Gate-bias-controlled sensitivity and SNR enhancement in a nanowire FET pressure sensor. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 21(10), DOI: 10.1088/0960-1317/21/10/105007.
- Ting Xu, Zhihong Wang and Jianmin Miao. (2013). Fabrication of carbon nanotubes enhanced piezoelectric membrane for biosensor application. International Journal of Nanotechnology, 6(7-8), 762-771.
- Jeff Dusek, A.G.P. Kottapalli, M. Asadnia, Mun Ee Woo, J.M. Miao, M. Triantafyllou. (2013). Development and testing of bio-inspired MEMS pressure sensor. Smart Materials and Structures , 22(1), doi:10.1088/0964-1726/22/1/014002.