|Prof Yang is currently in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering since December 2008. Prior to joining NTU, he has completed his PostDoc research in UIUC. He received his Bachelor and Master degrees in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics and Solid Mechanics from the University of Science and Technology of China in 1999 and 2002, respectively, and Ph.D. degree from the University of Kaiserslautern, Germany in 2006. He received Wilfried Ensinger Award 2008 supported by WAK Germany for his excellent PhD dissertation work. His research interests include self-healing/smart composites and coatings, multifunctional FRP composites and nanocomposites, and phase change materials. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published a couple of quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a referee and reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including Advanced Functional Materials, Macromolecular Rapid Communications, Polymer, and Composites Science and Technology, etc.|
- Ceramics Turbine Research
- Design and manufacturability of thermoplastic flexible risers
- Development of coiled flexible sub-sea thermoplastic composite risers
- Development of multifunctionally hierarchical fibre-metal laminates (FMLs) for impact protection
- Development of self-healing nanocomposites and coatings
- Durability, long-term behavior and performance of composite riser materials and interfaces
- Integration of reinforced composite matrix system with liners for Rigid Composite Risers via Filament Winding processing technique
- Integration, Prototyping and Proof -of-Concept Testing of Composite Risers
- Multi-functional Cool Paint Incorporating TiO2-based Nano-capsules of Phase Change Material for Building Applications in Tropics
- Nanostructured self-healing materials
- Self-healing anticorrosion coatings via microencapsulated HDI
- H. Zhang, W. Gn, J. An, Y. Xiang, J.L. Yang. (2013). Impact resistant fiber-metal laminates with MWNTs modified epoxy resins. Experimental Mechanics, In press, 1-11.
- Peigang He, Ke Chen, Bin Yu, Chee Yoon Yue, Jinglei Yang. (2013). Effects of anodizing temperature on the surface microstructure of Ti6Al4V alloy and its shear property bonded with epoxy. Composites Science and Technology, , under revision.
- M.X. Huang, H. Zhang, J.L. Yang. (2012). Synthesis of organic silane microcapsules for self-healing corrosion resistant polymer coatings. Corrosion Science, 65, 561-566.
- Mingxing Huang, Jinglei Yang. (2011). Facile Microencapsulation of HDI for Self-healing Anticorrosion Coatings. Journal of Materials Chemistry, 21, 7.
- Davis, D. A., Hamilton, A., Yang, J. L., Cremar, L. D., Van Gough, D., Potisek, S. L., Ong, M. T., Braun, P. V., Martinez, T. J., White, S. R., Moore, J. S., Sottos, N. R. (2009). Force-induced activation of covalent bonds in mechanoresponsive polymeric materials. Nature, 459(7243), 68-72.