|Assoc Prof Yeo Joon Hock |
Division of Thermal and Fluids Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5500
- DIC PhD University of London, Imperial Coll. 1990
- BSc(Hons) University of Strathclyde 1984
|Prof Yeo Joon Hock, Tony is currently in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. he received his Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from Strathclyde University, Scotland and PhD degree from Imperial College, University of London. His research interests includes artificial heart valve, cardiovascular engineering, innovation in medical devices. He has done significant work in the area of heart valve engineering publishing more than 30 top quality conference and international papers. He is also awarded 2 US Patents and one pending in heart valve.|
|Prof Yeo research interest is mainly in Cardiovascular Engineering including : heart valves engineering, arterial pusle waveform analysis, pulse waveform analysis,|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2007-) [by MOE]
- National Medical Research Council (2011-) [by National Medical Research Council (NMRC)]
|Current Projects |
- An Expanded Polytetrafluoroethylene Trileaflet Valve for Ventricular Outflow Tract
- Flowfield investigation of a bi-leaflet heart valve
- Influence infrared frequency for glucose absorption
- Influence infrared frequency for glucose absorption (phase 2)
- Non-invasive blood glucose system
- Stentless Pericardial Aortic Valves with Single Point Attached Commissures: Consequences of Asymmetric Implantation on Leaflet Stress Distribution, Hemodynamics and Durability
- Calvin S.H. Lin, C.K. Chua, J.H. Yeo. (2013). Design of high performance badminton shuttlecocks; virtual and rapid prototyping approach. Journal Virtual and Physical Prototyping, .
- Calvin S.H.Lin*, C.K. Chua, J.H. Yeo. (2013). Turnover stability of shuttlecocks- Transient angular response and impact deformation of feather and synthetic shuttlecocks. 6th Asia-Pacific Conference on Sports Technology.
- E. T. Ooi, S. Rajendran, J. H. Yeo. (2007). Extension of unsymmetric finite elements US-QUAD8 and US-HEXA20 for geometric nonlinear analyses. Engineering Computations, 24(4), 407-431.
- E. T. Ooi, S. Rajendran, J. H. Yeo, B. R. Zhang. (2007). A mesh distortion tolerant 8-node solid element based on the partition of unity method with inter-element compatibility and completeness properties. Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 43(10), 771-787.
- S. Rajendran, E. T. Ooi, J. H. Yeo. (2007). Mesh-distortion immunity assessment of QUAD8 elements by strong-form patch tests. Communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering, 23(2), 157-168.