|Asst Prof Michael Harold Lees|
Division of Networks & Distributed Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6277
- PhD University of Nottingham 2006
- BSc (Hons) University of Edinburgh 2001
|Dr Michael Lees is an Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Dr Lees received his PhD from the School of Computer Science at the University of Nottingham, UK. He has post-doctoral experience at NTU, the University of Nottingham University and the University of Birmingham, UK. His Bachelor's degree was obtained from the University of Edinburgh in the fields of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence. His research focus is Modeling and Simulation of large complex systems, with a particular focus on the application of agent-based modeling and simulation. As a consequence of his research in simulation he has also worked in the area of parallel and distributed computing. His current interests lie in large-scale agent-based simulation of human interaction (including crowds and the spread of infectious disease). Dr Lees is a member of the IEEE and currently serves of the program committee of the Distributed Simulation and Real Time Applications (DS-RT) conference.|
|Modeling and Simulation, Agents, Parallel and Distributed Computing, Crowd Simulation, Infectious Disease Modelling, Multi-resolution modeling, Simulation of Bacteria.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2013-)
- NTU Internal Funding - College of Engineering (2011-)
- ST Electronics – NTU (2012-)
- Start Up Grant (2009-)
|Current Projects |
- DEPATHSS: Dynamic Egress PlAnning ThrougH valid Symbiotic Simulation.
- Electric Vehicles (EVs) User Behaviour Modeling
- Project CROSIT - Crowd Simulation Training System
- RP5-Modelling and Optimisation for Architectures and Infrastructure (under main project of "Electromobility in Megacities)
- Validation of Agent-based Simulation using Human Computation
- Youth Delinquency and Violence in Singapore: A Data-Driven Simulation Study
- Muzhou Xiong, Michael Lees, Wentong Cai, Suiping Zhou, Malcolm Yoke Hean Low. (2010). International Conference on Computer Science: Hybrid Modelling of Crowd Simulation.
- Muzhou Xiong, Michael Lees, Wentong Cai, Suiping Zhou, and Malcolm Yoke Hean Low. (2010). Analysis of an efficient rule-based motion planning system for simulating human crowds.. The Visual Computer, .
- Dan Chen, Stephen J. Turner, Wentong Cai, Georgios K. Theodoropoulos, Muzhou Xiong, and Michael Lees. (2010). Synchronization in federation community networks.. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 70(2), 144-159.
- Yongwei Wang, Michael Lees, Wentong Cai, Suiping Zhou, and Malcolm Yoke Hean Low. (2009). Proceedings of the 2009 Winter Simulation Conference.: Cluster based partitioning for agent-based crowd simulations.
- Linbo Luo, Suiping Zhou, Wentong Cai, Malcolm Yoke Hean Low and Michael Lees. (2009). IEEE/WIC/ACM International conference of Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT 2009): Towards a Generic Framework for Modeling Human-like behavior in crowd simulation. (pp. 275-278)Milan, Italy.