|DU Hejun obtained both BEng and MEng from Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China in 1983 and 1986, respectively. Subsequently, he lectured there until 1988 before he left for Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, UK for his PhD study. He joined Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in 1991 after obtaining PhD from Imperial College. He is currently an associate professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, NTU, Singapore. He has published widely with more than 140 journal papers, total citation of close to 1000 and H-index of 16. He was awarded as PI, Co-PI or collaborator over 10 research grants from ASTAR, ARC and AcRF totaling more than S$4 million.|
- Development of Micro-Sensor and Micro-Actuator for Smart Sliders: Head-Disk Contact Sensing and Nano Actuating to Achieve 10Tb/in2
- Fabrication of MEMS Gyroscope using surface micromachining technology using existing foundry services
- Load/unload dynamics for hard disk drives
- Oven-Controlled Mems Oscillator Based On Silicon Micromaching Technology
- Junhua Kong*, Yuefan Wei*, Liping Yang, Wu Aik Yee, Yuliang Dong, Rui Zhou, Siew Yee Wong, Lin Ke, Xiao Wei Sun, Hejun Du, Xu Li, and Xuehong Lu *denotes equal contribution. (2013). Electrospinning-Derived “Hairy Seaweed” and Its Photoelectrochemical Properties. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, .
- Yuefan Wei *, Junhua Kong *, Liping Yang , Lin Ke , Hui Ru Tan , Hai Liu , Yizhong Huang , Xiaowei Sun , Xuehong Lu and Hejun Du, *denoted equal contribution. (2013). Polydopamine-assisted decoration of ZnO nanorods with Ag nanoparticles: an improved photoelectrochemical anode. Journal of Materials Chemistry, 1, 5045-5052.
- Wei Yuefan, Ke Lin, Leong Eunice S P, Liu Hong, Liew Laura-Lynn, Jing Hua Teng, Hejun Du and Xiao Wei Sun. (2012). Enhanced photoelectrochemical performance of bridged ZnO nanorod arrays grown on V-grooved structure. Nanotechnology, 23, 365704.
- Soon-Eng Ong, Sam Zhang, Hejun Du, Yongsheng Wang, Lwin-Lwin Ma. (2008). In-vitro cellular behavior on amorphous carbon containing silicon. Thin Solid Films, 516(16), 5152-5156.
- Soon-Eng Ong, Sam Zhang, Jang-Hsing Hsieh, Hejun Du and Shiu-Hann Oh. (2008). Growth of carbon nanotubes via rapid thermal processing from sputtered amorphous carbon. International Journal of Nanomanufacturing, 2(1/2), 40-49.