|Assoc Prof Seet Gim Lee, Gerald |
Division of Mechatronics and Design
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5600
- PhD Aston University 1985
- MSc University of Dundee 1981
- BSc Council for National Academic Awards 1979
|Gerald is currently an Associate Professor with the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He lectures in mechatronics, engineering design and real-time systems, at undergraduate and graduate level. He holds a concurrent appointment as Director of the Robotics Research Centre, and as Head of the Division of Mechatronics and Design. |
|Main research interests are in mechatronics and field robotics, with specific interest in underwater mobile robotics and fluid power systems. A consultant to industry in these areas. Recent research interest includes Unmanned Aerial Vehicles UAV) and collaborative robotic systems.|
|Research Grant |
- Defence Science and Technology Agency (2003-)
- MDA-IDMPO (2012-) [by Media Development Authority (MDA)]
- Ministry of Defense (2010-) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- ST Aerospace – NTU (2011-) [by ST Aerospace Ltd]
|Current Projects |
- Animatronic Avatar: Development of a Robotic Avatar for Telepresence Interaction and Communication
- Design and Development of a Compact, Integrated Slam Module for Indoor Perception and Localization
- Development of an electrostatic charge device for visualisation of latent fingerprint on bullet cartridges and curved metallic surfaces
- Moving object detection
- Simulation package for studying robotic behaviour
- Target Identification
- Pang Wee Ching; Gerald Seet Gim Lee; Aryo Wiman Nur Ibrahim and Michael Lau Wai Shing. (2012, October ). Evaluation of Intelligent Mini UAV Design Parameters for Urban Operations within 3D Robotic Simulator. Paper presented at The 8th International Conference on Intelligent Unmanned Systems 2012 (ICIUS 2012), Singapore.
- Gerald Gim Lee Seet, Wee Ching Pang and Burhan. (2012, May ). Towards the Realization of MAVEN - Mobile Robotic Avatar. Paper presented at The 25th International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents, Singapore.
- Choon Yue Wong, Gerald Seet, Siang Kok Sim, Pang Wee Ching. (2010). Control Automation Robotics & Vision (ICARCV): Single-human multiple-robot systems for urban search and rescue: Justifications, design and testing. 11th International Conference on Control Automation Robotics & Vision (ICARCV) (pp. 579-584).
- Ibrahim, A.W.N.; Pang W.C.; Seet, G.L.G.; Lau, W.S.M.; Czajewski, W. (2010). 2010 Fourth Pacific-Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology (PSIVT): Moving Objects Detection and Tracking Framework for UAV-based Surveillance. Image and Video Technology (PSIVT) (pp. 456-461).
- Choon Yue Wong; Gerald Seet; Siang Kok Sim; Wee Ching Pang. (2010). 2010 IEEE Conference on Sustainable Utilization and Development in Engineering and Technology (STUDENT): A framework for area coverage and the visual search for victims in USAR with a mobile robot. Sustainable Utilization and Development in Engineering and Technology (STUDENT) (pp. 112-118).