|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Seet Gim Lee, Gerald
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5600
- PhD Aston University 1985
- MSc University of Dundee 1981
- BSc Council for National Academic Awards 1979
|Gerald is currently an Associate Professor with the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He lectures in mechatronics, engineering design and real-time systems, at undergraduate and graduate level. He holds a concurrent appointment as Director of the Robotics Research Centre, and as Head of the Division of Mechatronics and Design. |
|Main research interests are in mechatronics and field robotics, with specific interest in underwater mobile robotics and fluid power systems. A consultant to industry in these areas. Recent research interest includes Unmanned Aerial Vehicles UAV) and collaborative robotic systems.|
- Animatronic Avatar: Development of a Robotic Avatar for Telepresence Interaction and Communication
- DEVELOPMENT OF A ROBOTIC SYSTEM FOR LARGE DIAMETER SEWERS
- Design and Development of a Compact, Integrated Slam Module for Indoor Perception and Localization
- Development of a Robotic System for Large Diameter Sewerage System Inspection
- Objective Assessment Of Clinical Scales
- Programme: Marine and Offshore
- Underwater Object Tracking in Challenging Environments
- Wee-Ching, Pang; Choon-Yue, Wong; Gerald Seet. (2018). Exploring the use of social robots for museum settings and for learning heritage languages and cultures at the Chinese Heritage Centre. Presence, 26(2).
- Wee-Ching Pang, Ahmad Khairyanto Bin Ratmin and Gerald Seet. (2018). Development of a low cost laser scanning system for gear repair using additive manufacturing technologies. International Conference on Progress in Additive Manufacturing (Pro-AM).
- Keith Nguyen Wei Liang, Aprillia, Ahmad Khairyanto Bin Ratmin, Wee-Ching Pang, Gerald Seet, Shu-Beng Tor. (2018). Extraction from Point Cloud of Worn Components. International Conference on Progress in Additive Manufacturing (Pro-AM).
- Aprillia, Keith Nguyen Wei Liang, Ahmad Khairyanto Bin Ratmin, Wee-Ching Pang, Shu-Beng Tor and Gerald Seet. (2018). Towards Automated Remanufacturing Process. International Conference on Progress in Additive Manufacturing (Pro-AM).
- William Gu, Gerald Seet and Nadia Magnenat-Thalmanna. (2017). Perception-Link Behavior Model: Supporting a Novel Operator Interface for a Customizable Anthropomorphic Telepresence Robot. Robotics, 6(3), 16.
« Back to Research Directory