|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Seet Gim Lee, Gerald
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5600
- PhD Aston University 1985
- MSc University of Dundee 1981
- BSc Council for National Academic Awards 1979
|Gerald is currently an Associate Professor with the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He lectures in mechatronics, engineering design and real-time systems, at undergraduate and graduate level. He holds a concurrent appointment as Director of the Robotics Research Centre, and as Head of the Division of Mechatronics and Design. |
|Main research interests are in mechatronics and field robotics, with specific interest in underwater mobile robotics and fluid power systems. A consultant to industry in these areas. Recent research interest includes Unmanned Aerial Vehicles UAV) and collaborative robotic systems.|
- Acquisition and reconstruction of 3D CAD models for repair and re-engineering
- Animatronic Avatar: Development of a Robotic Avatar for Telepresence Interaction and Communication
- DEVELOPMENT OF A ROBOTIC SYSTEM FOR LARGE DIAMETER SEWERS
- Design and Development of a Compact, Integrated Slam Module for Indoor Perception and Localization
- Development of a Robotic System for Large Diameter Sewerage System Inspection
- Interface for Human-Robot Interaction
- Programme: Marine and Offshore
- Simulation package for studying robotic behaviour
- Gerald Seet, Viatcheslav Iastrebov, Dinh Quang Huy and Pang Wee Ching.(2016). Laser Graphics in Augmented Reality Applications for Real- World Robot Deployment. In Guanghui Wang(Ed), Recent Advances in Robotic Systems(Chp. 8). Rijeka: InTech.
- Pang Wee Ching; Wong Choon Yue; Gerald Seet Gim Lee. (2016). Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Control and Robotics Engineering: Design and Development of EDGAR - A Telepresence Humanoid for Robot-mediated Communication and Social Applications. 2016 IEEE International Conference on Control and Robotics Engineering (ICCRE 2016) (pp. pp.90-93)Singapore: IEEE Press.
- Wei Chuan LAW, I-Ming CHEN, Song Huat YEO, Gim Lee SEET, Kin Huat LOW. (2015, October). A Study of In-pipe Robots for Maintenance of Large-Diameter Sewerage Tunnel. Paper presented at 14th World Congress in Mechanism and Machine Science, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Viatcheslav Iastrebov, Wong Choon Yue , Pang Wee Ching, Gerald Seet. (2014, December). Motion Tracking Drone for Extreme Sports Filming. Paper presented at 1st International Conference in Sports Science & Technology (ICSST 2014), Singapore.
- Pang Wee Ching; Seet Gim Lee, Gerald and Yao Xiling. (2014). A study on high-level autonomous navigational behaviors for telepresence applications. Presence, 23(2), 155-171.
« Back to Research Directory