|Assoc Prof Yap Fook Fah|
Fellow, Renaissance Engineering Programme
Division of Engineering Mechanics
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4724
- PhD University of Cambridge 1993
- BA(Hons) University of Cambridge 1989
|Academic Qualifications: BA(Hons) First Class with Distinction - University of Cambridge - 1989
PhD - University of Cambridge - 1993
Professional Qualifications/Memberships: (State date of membership)
Summary of Working Experience: (with dates)
17 Nov 1993 - 31 Dec 1998 Lecturer, NTU
1 Jan 1999 - 31 Dec 2000 Assistant Professor, NTU
1 Jan 2001 - Associate Professor, NTU
|MAJOR RESEARCH INTERESTS
1. Mechanics of micro-systems, in particular the dynamic analysis of multi-component
systems for high capacity, high speed data storage. Currently manager of Centre
for Mechanics of Micro-Systems.
2. Virtual prototyping and simulation of complex mechanical systems
3. Dynamics of damped structures and vibration control using magneto-rheological fluid
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2010-2013) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2010-) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2012-2014)
- Maritime Clean Energy Research Programme (MCERP) (2010-) [by Nanyang Technological University, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)]
|Current Projects |
- Advanced Suspension Systems for Wheeled Military Vehicles
- Alternative access system with micro to nano scale structure design, characterization and control
- Analysis and optimization of an articulated vehicle steering dynamics
- Experimental dynamic testing of hard disk drives and dynamic analysis
- Experimental dynamic testing of hard disk drives and dynamics analysis
- Mitigating shock of HDDs using highly damped isolators
- Project AV
- Reducing Fuel Consumption Using Flywheel Battery Technology For Rubber Tyred Gantry Cranes in Container Terminals
- Reducing Fuel Consumption Using Flywheel Battery Technology for Rubber Tyred Gantry Cranes in Container Terminals
- Research Program In Mechanics of Microsystems (Phase II)
- Ruggedization Design of Liquid-Cooled Airborne Electronic System
- Ong, C.J., Yap, F.F., Djamari, D.W. (2013). An Investigation Into The Use of Four – Bar Linkage Mechanism as Actuator for Hard-Disk Drive. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Accepted.
- Ashkan Haji Hosseinloo, Nader Vahdati, Fook Fah Yap. (2013). Parametric shock analysis of spade-less lightweight wheeled military vehicles subjected to cannon firing impact: feasibility study of spade removal. Journal of Vibration and Acoustics-Transactions of the ASME, Accepted.
- A. H. Hosseinloo, F. F. Yap, L. Y. Lim. (2013). Design and analysis of shock and random vibration isolation system for a discrete model of submerged jet impingement cooling system. Journal of Vibration and Control, Accepted.
- A. H. Hosseinloo, F.F. Yap, N. Vahdati. (2013). Analytical Random Vibration Analysis of Boundary-Excited Thin Rectangular Plates. International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics, DOI: 10.1142/S0.
- YS Zhang, FF Yap. (2013). A Knowledge-based Web Platform for Collaborative Physical System Modelling and Simulation. Journal of Computer Applications in Engineering Education, doi: 10.1002/ca.