|Professor C. Y. Yue joined NTU in 1990 and is a full professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. He is the Singapore Programme co-Chair of the Manufacturing Systems and Technology (MST) Programme of the Singapore-Massachusetts Institute of Technology Alliance (SMA). He obtained his B.Eng (Hons) and PhD from Monash University, Australia in 1979 and 1983 respectively. From 1983 to 1990, he was with the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Hong Kong. He was Dean of School from 1999 to 2005 and Head of the Manufacturing Engineering Division from Nov 1995 to May 1999. He serves on review panels and expert committees of overseas and local research funding agencies. His research focus is on advanced materials, nanomaterials, nanomanufacturing and polymer microfluidic devices. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers, Singapore, a Member and Chartered Professional Engineer of the Institution of Engineers, Australia, and a Chartered Engineer and Member of the Institution of Materials, Minerals and Mining of the United Kingdom. He was awarded the Singapore Public Service Award (Silver) in 2002.|
- Advanced Materials for Engineering Applications
- Development of High Performance Elastomeric Seal Technologies for High Temperature and High Reliability
- Fundamental adsorption studies by microcalorimetry on model latex and personal care systems
- High Performance BMI and BMI/epoxy IPN Thermoset Composites
- Integration of reinforced composite matrix system with liners for Rigid Composite Risers via Filament Winding processing technique
- Integration, Prototyping and Proof -of-Concept Testing of Composite Risers
- R.K. Jena, C.Y. Yue, L. Anand. (2011). Improvement of thermal bond strength and surface properties of Cyclic Olefin Copolymer (COC) based microfluidic device using the photo-grafting technique. Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical, , accepted.
- Z.Y. Wang, C.Y. Yue, Y.C. Lam, S. Roy, R.K. Jena. (2011). A modified quasi-creep model for assessment of deformation of Topas COC substrates in the thermal bonding of microfluidic devices. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, , accepted.
- S. Roy, C.Y. Yue. (2011). Surface Modification of COC Microfluidic Devices: A Comparative Study of Nitrogen Plasma Treatment and Its Advantages Over Argon and Oxygen Plasma Treatments. Plasma Processes and Polymers, , accepted.
- Jena, R.K., Chester, S.A., Srivastava, V., Yue, C.Y., Anand, L., Lam, Y.C. (2011). Large-strain thermo-mechanical behavior of cyclic olefin copolymers: Application to hot embossing and thermal bonding for the fabrication of microfluidic devices. Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical, .
- R. K. Jena, H.K. Taylor, C.Y. Yue, Y.C. Lam, D.S. Boning,. (2011). Effect of polymer orientation on pattern replication in a micro-hot embossing process: experiments and numerical simulation.. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, .