|Assoc Prof Yang Chun, Charles|
Division of Thermal and Fluids Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4883
- PhD University of Alberta 1999
- MS Univ of Science & Technology of China 1988
- BS Tsinghua University 1985
|Dr. Charles Yang Chun is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering. He has been with Nanyang Technological University since 1999. He obtained his B.Sc. degree from the Department of Thermal Engineering of Tsinghua University, his M.Sc. degree in Thermophysics from University of Science and Technology of China, and his Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from University of Alberta. He is the author and coauthor of more than 140 publications in referred international journals and conference proceedings. He has co-authored one text book entitled “Elementary Electrokinetic Flow”, and 8 book chapters. He also has four US patents in his name. He serves as a member of editorial advisory board for two international journals. He is a peer reviewer for more than 30 international journals and an external reviewer for the Research Grant Council of Hong Kong, Research Grant Council of Australia, and Dutch Technology Foundation. |
|His current research interests include Development and characterization of Lab-on-Chip devices, electrokinetic transport phenomena, microfluidics, microscale flow, heat and mass transfer, colloidal science, surface and interfacial phenomena etc.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2010-2013) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2011-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2012-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Environment & Water Industry Development Council (2009-2013) [by Environment & Water Industry Development Council (EWI)]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2012-) [by Ministry of Defense (MINDEF), Nanyang Technological University]
- Supplementary Equipment Purchase (2006-) [by MOE]
|Current Projects |
- Bubble dynamics by actuation in microfluidic chamber
- Electrohydrodynamic instability of immiscible fluids in microfluidic systems
- Electroosmotic Pumps for Microfluidic Devices
- Investigation of fluid flow over patterned wafers
- Micro-Photonic-Fluidic-System (MPFS) for Label-Free Detection of Cryptosporidium in Drinking Water (0.3 - 1 NTU).
- Microfluidic Characterization of Thermophoresis of Micro- and Nano-Particles
- Nanostructured Surface Enhanced Boiling for Advanced Cooling
- Chun Yang
Yee Cheong Lam. (2008). Enhancement of Mixing in an Electrokinetically Driven Microfluidic T-Mixer Using Pulsating Electrical Field and Channel Geometry Effects. 2nd International Conference & Exhibition on Micro & Nanosystems Integration & Commercialization.
- DG Yan, C Yang, XY Huang. (2007). Effect of finite reservoir size on electroosmotic flow in microchannels. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 3(3), 333-340.
- DG Yan, C Yang, NT Nguyen, XY Huang. (2006). A method for simultaneously determining the zeta potentials of the channel surface and the tracer particles using microparticle image velocimetry technique. Electrophoresis, 27(3), 620-627.
- Kang Yue Jun, Yang Chun, Charles, Huang X.Y. (2005). Joule heating induced transient temperature field and its effects on electroosmotic flow in a microcapillary packed with microspheres. Langmuir, 21, 7598-7607.
- Yang Chun, Charles, T. Dabros, D. Li,, J. Czarnecki, J. H. Masliyah. (2003). Kinetics of Microbubble-Solid Surface Interaction and Attachment. AIChE Journal, 49(4), 1024-1037.