|Assoc Prof Chen Chun-Hsien|
Division of Systems and Engineering Management
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4888
- PhD University of Missouri-Columbia 1996
- MS University of Missouri-Columbia 1991
- BS National Cheng Kung University 1984
|Associate Prof Chen Chun-Hsien is currently in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering since 1997. He received his BS degree in Industrial Design from National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, MS and Ph.D. degrees in Industrial Engineering from the University of Missouri-Columbia, USA. He has several years of product design & development experience in industry. His teaching and research interests are in collaborative/human-centric/consumer-oriented product design and development, knowledge management, decision support systems and artificial intelligence in product/engineering design. Dr. Chen is/was an editorial board member of Advanced Engineering Informatics (since 2005), Recent Patents on Engineering (since 2007) and Journal of the Chinese Institute of Industrial Engineers (Jan 2005 – Dec 2006). He has also served as a technical reviewer for National Science and Technology Awards, Singapore (2005), "Landmark Program" of the “NCKU Top University Project”(since 2007), an advisory board member for various international conferences held in USA, China, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Taiwan, an international journal papers reviewer for 19 prestigious journals, and a Guest Professor of Shanghai Maritime University, China (since 2006). To date, Dr. Chen is/has supervising/supervised 2 post-doctoral research fellows, 10 postgraduate theses (inclusive of 5 doctoral theses) and 21 postgraduate dissertations. He has authored/co-authored more than 40 top quality international journal papers (almost all of them are SCI/SSCI indexed), almost 40 conference papers, more than 10 other publications and guest-edited 5 special journal issues. He is a senior member of IIE.|
|Assoc Prof Chen Chun-Hsien's areas of expertise are Industrial/Product Design, Knowledge Engineering, and Decision Support Systems. His current research work focuses on collaborative/human-centric/consumer-oriented product design and development, knowledge management, decision support systems and artificial intelligence in product/engineering design.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2012-)
- Sennheiser Consumer Electronics GmbH - NTU (2012-) [by Sennheiser Consumer Electronics GmbH]
|Current Projects |
- Development of a decision support system for detecting maritime security threat
- Perception Study on Comfort and Fit of Earphones during Running
- d_ASIA – Utilise the paper and print technology and the human five senses in creative communication design to rediscover the Chinese culture and awake the younger generation’s appreciation to their roots
- Chong Yih Tng, Chen Chun-Hsien. (2010). Management and Forecast of Dynamic Customer Needs: An Artificial Immune and Neural System Approach. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 24(1), 96-106.
- Chong Yih Tng, Chen Chun-Hsien, Leong Kah Fai. (2009). A Heuristic-based Approach to Conceptual Design. Research in Engineering Design, 20(2), 97-116.
- Yan W., Chen C.-H., Chang W. (2009). An Investigation into Sustainable Product Conceptualization Using a Design Knowledge Hierarchy and Hopfield Network. Computers and Industrial Engineering, 56(4), 1617-1626.
- Chong, Y.T., Chen C.-H., Leong, K.F. (2009). Human-Centric Product Conceptualization Using a Design Space Framework. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 23(2), 149-156.
- Yan, W., Chen, C.-H., Chang, D.F., Chong, Y.T. (2009). A Stakeholder-oriented Innovative Product Conceptualization Strategy Based on Fuzzy Integrals. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 23(2), 201-209.