|Assoc Prof Ng Bee Chin |
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD La Trobe University 1991
- BA(Hons) La Trobe University 1984
|First Class Honours, PhD La Trobe University.
After her PhD, Ng Bee Chin worked as a Post-doctoral fellow at the University of Queensland. Following that, she taught in Monash and La Trobe University before joining Nanyang Technological University in 2000. Currently, she is in the Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies. She is the co-author of Bilingualism: An advanced Resource Book, published by Routledge 2007.
|Ng Bee Chin works in the area of child language acquisition and semantics. Her primary area of research is in psycholinguistics and sociolinguistics aspects of language acquisition in multilingual contexts. Topics which she has worked on include bilingual acquisition, language identity and attitudes, semantic and conceptual acquisition, interpretation and translation, language and gender, speech pathology in multilingual settings. Given the multilingual context she works in, she is interested in any aspect of language enquiry which explores the interaction between the speaker and the enviroment.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2013-)
- NTU Internal Funding - New Initiative Funding - New Silk Road (2011-)
|Current Projects |
- Digital Intangible Heritage Asia (DIHA)
- Exploring the crossroads of linguistic diversity: language contact in S.E. Asia
- The Impact of Language Repertoire on Elderly Singaporeans
- Cavallaro, Francesco and Ng, Bee Chin. (2009). Between status and solidarity in Singapore. World Englishes, 28(2), 143-159.