|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Anand Krishna Asundi
Mechanics & Optical Engineering Cluster
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5936
- PhD State Univ of New York at Stony Brook 1981
- MTech Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay 1977
- BTech Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay 1975
|Anand Asundi graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay and received his Ph.D. from the State University of New York at Stony Brook. Following a brief tenure Virginia Tech., he joined the University of Hong Kong in 1983 where he was Professor till 1996. Currently he is Professor and Deputy Director of the Advanced Materials Research Centre at the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. His teaching area is in Solid Mechanics and his research interests are in Photomechanics and Optical Sensors. He has published over 200 papers in peer-reviewed journals and presented invited and plenary talks at International Conferences around the world. He has also chaired and organized numerous conferences in Singapore and other parts of the world. He is Editor of Optics and Lasers in Engineering and on the Board of Directors of SPIE, the international society of Optical Engineers. He is a fellow of the Institute of Engineers, Singapore and SPIE. He also holds advisory professorial appointments at Tongji University, Shanghai University and Harbin Institute of Technology, China. He is also Chairman of the Asian Committee on Experimental Mechanics and the Asia Pacific Committee on Smart and Nano Materials both of which he co-founded.|
|Prof. Asundi's primary research interests are in the field of photomechanics with specific applications in the fields of micro and nano mechanics, biomechanics, chemical sensing, non-destructive testing and smart structures.|
- JM Vistec - NTU (2013-2016) [by Nanyang Technological University, JM Vistec System Pte Ltd]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2014-) [by Nanyang Technological University, Ministry of Defense (MINDEF)]
- Marvelous Technology - NTU (2014-) [by Marvelous Technology Pte Ltd]
- NRF Proof of Concept (2014-2015) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- 3D Profiling of Specular and Diffuse Objects
- 4D Microscopy Camera for Biomedicine
- Centre for Optical Laser Engineering (COLE)
- Knowledge-based Inspection of Defects in Fiber Reinforced Composites
- Lens Testing and Inspection
- Lensless Digital Holographic Microscope for MEMS Inspection
- Monitoring of crystallization processes through digital holography
- Real-time Multi-point Diffraction-based Imaging System for Strain Measurement (ReMuDis)
- Smart Window of Tunable Transparency by Microscopic Crumpling of Transparent Thin Films
- L Huang, AK Asundi. (2013). Framework for gradient integration by combining radial basis functions method and least-squares method. Applied Optics, 52(24), 6016-6021.
- L Huang, Q Zhang, A Asundi. (2013). Camera calibration with active phase target: improvement on feature detection and optimization. Optics Letters, 38(9), 1446-1448.
- Lei Huang and Anand Asundi. (2012). Improvement of least-squares integration method with iterative compensations in fringe reflectometry. Applied Optics, 51, 7459-7465.
- Lei Huang and Anand Krishna Asundi. (2012). Phase retrieval from reflective fringe patterns of double-sided transparent objects. Measurement Science & Technology, 23, 085201.
- Lei Huang, Chi Seng Ng, and Anand Krishna Asundi. (2012). Fast full-field out-of-plane deformation measurement using fringe reflectometry. Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 50, 529-533.
« Back to Research Directory