|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Marcos
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5713
- PhD Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2011
- MEng Nanyang Technological University 2005
- BEng (MPE) Nanyang Technological University 2003
|Marcos joined the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering on 1 June 2011 as an Assistant Professor. He graduated with BEng (First Class Hons) and MEng degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the Nanyang Technological University in 2003 and 2005, respectively. He then went for his doctoral studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and obtained his PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2011. His PhD study focused on the effects of fluid dynamics on swimming bacteria. |
|His research interests include small scale fluid dynamics, microfluidics, swimming in non-Newtonian fluids, and bio-locomotion.|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2015-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Mahidol University-NTU (2017-) [by Mahidol University]
- Nanyang Education Award (2017-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Singapore Maritime Institute (2016-) [by Singapore Maritime Institute (SMI)]
- Development of a Microfluidic Bovine Sperm Sorting Device
- Nanyang Education Awards 2016
- Physics of porous particles traveling in a cylindrical tube at low Reynolds number
- Portable Rapid On-board Bacteria Compliance Test for Ballast Water through Lab-on-Chip Dielectrophoretic Focusing and Detection
- Quang D. Tran, Tian Fook Kong, Dinglong Hu, Marcos, Raymond H. W. Lam. (2016). Deterministic sequential isolation of floating cancer cells under continuous flow. Lab on a Chip, 16, 2813-2819.
- Tran, N. P. and Marcos. (2015). Effect of Dielectrophoretic Force on Swimming Bacteria. Electrophoresis, 36, 1485-1492.
- Koh, J. B. Y. and Marcos. (2015). The Study of Spermatozoa and Sorting in Relation to Human Reproduction. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 18, 755-774.
- Marcos, Henry C. Fu, Thomas R. Powers, and Roman Stocker. (2012). Bacterial rheotaxis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA, 109(13), 4780-4785.
- Marcos, Seymour JR, Luhar M, Durham WM, Mitchell JG, Macke A, Stocker R. (2011). Microbial Alignment in Flow Changes Ocean Light Climate. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA, 108(10), 3860-3864.
« Back to Research Directory