|Assoc Prof Zhao Liangyi |
Division of Mathematical Sciences
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD Rutgers University 2003
- BA Rutgers University 1998
|I grew up in New Jersey USA and earned the degrees of B. A. with major in mathematics and physics and minor in economics in 1998 and Ph.D. in mathematics in 2003, both from Rutgers University. I was an assistant professor in the United States Military Academy at West Point for one year following my Ph. D. I then held postdoctoral fellowships in the University of Toronto and Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan in Sweden. I also held visiting positions at La Centre de Recherches Mathématiques in Montréal, the Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences in Toronto and Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach in Germany. Since August 2007, I have been an assistant professor in the Division of Mathematical Sciences of Nanyang Technological University.|
|My research interests include the theories of large sieve, mean-value type theorems, exponential sums, character sums, L-functions, sieve methods, elliptic curves and automorphic forms.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2008-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2010-)
|Current Projects |
- Exponential Sums and L-Functions
- Zeros of L-functions and Mean-value Theorems in Analytic Number Theory
- Timothy Foo, Liangyi Zhao. (2013). On Primes Represented by Cubic Polynomials. Mathematische Zeitschrift, 274(1-2), 323-340.
- Stephan Baier, Liangyi Zhao. (2013). On Hecke Eigenvalues at Primes of the Form [g(n)]. Acta Arithmetica, 158(4), 341--357.
- Peng Gao, Liangyi Zhao. (2012). Large Sieve Inequalities for Quartic Characters. The Quarterly Journal of Mathematics, 63(4), 891-917.
- S. Baier, T. D. Browning, G. Marasingha, L. Zhao. (2012). Averages of shifted convolutions of $d_3(n)$. Proceedings of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society, 55(3), 551-576.
- Peng Gao and Liangyi Zhao. (2011). One level density of low-lying zeros of families of L-functions. Compositio Mathematica, 147(01), 1-18.