|1. Novel materials for organic photovoltaic: molecular/structural modification for improved charge separation and transport, integration of organic/inorganic nanomaterials for improved carrier conductivity, mobility enhancement of organic molecules,
2. Organic photovoltaic devices: architectural design by bulk heterojunction, tandem cells, organic/inorganic hybrid cells; fabrication integration techniques of nanomaterials.
3. Synthesis and characterizations of nanomaterials: Group IV (Si, SiGe, Ge) nanowires, metal-oxide nanowires and nanoparticles (ZnO, TiO2), nanoparticle-decorated nanowires
4. Materials for nanoelectronic devices: growth, thermal stability and relaxation mechanisms of semiconductor heteroepitaxy structures , fabrication and electrical behavior of advanced gate stack for Si-based CMOS, nanomaterials for advanced electronic devices.
- Hybrid photocatalysts for H2 photoproduction
- Improving Efficiency and Reducing Environment Impact of CZTS Based Solar Cells
- Investigation of Hematite as the Photoanode for Artificial Photosynthesis
- Nanomaterials for Solar Energy Harvesting
- Roll to Roll Manufacturing of Printed Electronics: Printed Photovoltaic
- Roll to roll manufacturing of printed electronics : Printed Photovoltaic
- SinBeRISE Subproject 3 - Photovoltaic Device
- HO CHUN WAN JOHN, Zhang Tianliang, Cai Yongan, Sudip Kumar Batabyal, LIM HUI MIN, Alfred Tok Iing Yoong, Subodh Gautam Mhaisalkar, Lydia Helena Wong. (2013, April ). Carbon Free CuIn(S,Se)2 Devices on Mo Substrates by Aqueous Spray Pyrolysis. Paper presented at 2013 MRS Spring Meeting & Exhibit, San Francisco, California.
- ZENG XIN, TAI KONG FAI, Zhang Tianliang, HO CHUN WAN JOHN, Lydia Helena Wong, Chen Xiaodong, Subodh Gautam Mhaisalkar. (2013, April ). Kesterite solar cell with 5.1% efficiency using solution based chemical spray pyrolysis of Cu2ZnSnS4 followed by selenization.. Paper presented at 2013 MRS Spring Meeting & Exhibit, San Francisco, California.
- Nguyen, Mai; Tran, Phong D.; Pramana, Stevin S.; Lee, Rui Lin; Batabyal, Sudip K.; Mathews, Nripan; Wong, Lydia H.; Graetzel, Michae. (2013). In situ photo-assisted deposition of MoS2 electrocatalyst onto zinc cadmium sulphide nanoparticle surfaces to construct an efficient photocatalyst for hydrogen generation. Nanoscale, 5, 1479.
- Tran, PD; Nguyen, M; Pramana, SS; Bhattacharjee, A; Chiam, SY; Fize, J; Field, MJ; Artero, V; Wong, LH ; Loo, J; Barber, J. (2012). Copper molybdenum sulfide: a new efficient electrocatalyst for hydrogen production from water. Energy and Environmental Science, 5(10), 8912-8916.
- Tran, P. D., Pramana, S. S., Kale, V. S., Nguyen, M., Chiam, S. Y., Batabyal, S. K., Wong, L. H., Barber, J., Loo, J. (2012). Novel Assembly of an MoS2 Electrocatalyst onto a Silicon Nanowire Array Electrode to Construct a Photocathode Composed of Elements Abundant on the Earth for Hydrogen Generation.. Chemistry - A European Journal, 18(44), 13994-13999.