|Asst Prof Zheng Lianxi|
Division of Engineering Mechanics
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4163
- PhD The University of Hong Kong 2001
- BEng Southeast University 1988
|Prof. Lianxi received his BE degree on Electronic Engineering from Southeast University in China in 1988, and his PhD on Physics from The University of Hong Kong in 2001. He has worked in Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) as a director’s postdoctoral fellow, and in CNT Technologies Inc. as a research scientist. In January 2008, he joined Nanyang Technological University. |
|Prof. Zheng is working in the interdisciplinary field of nanoscience and nanotechnology, with the emphasis on nano materials, material/nano-bio interface, and nano-electronics. Particularly his research interests include: carbon nanotube fibers, smart nanotube based bio-sensors, full CNT electronics and ICs, nanowires and nanoparticles for solar energy (solar cells)/lighting applications (LEDs), and novel enable technologies on nano-material synthesis (CVD), as well as traditional semiconductor material and devices (detectors,Lasers), thin film deposition, and crystal epitaxy (MOCVD, MBE).|
|Research Grant |
- A*SERC Singapore-China JRP Call for Proposals (2011-) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Defence Innovative Research Programme (2009-2013) [by MINDEF - Defence Science & Technology Agency (DSTA)]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2012-) [by Ministry of Defense (MINDEF), Nanyang Technological University]
- Start Up Grant (2009-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Carbon-nanotube cotton and fibers for aerospace applications
- Controllable synthesis and rapid identification of intramolecular junctions
- Development of Carbon Nanotube Fiber Based Polymeric Composites
- Development of a Chloroplast-based Photovoltaic Cell with Carbon Nanotube Electrode
- Electrochromatic carbon nanotube/polydiacetylene composite fibers for in-situ monitoring of structural integrity in aircraft
- High performance carbon nanotube fiber reinforced polymer composites for ballistic application
- Nanostructured Surface Enhanced Boiling for Advanced Cooling
- Sun G, Huang Y, Zheng L, Zhan Z, Zhang Y, Pang JHL, Wu T, Chen P. (2011). Ultra-sensitive and wide-dynamic-range sensors based on dense arrays of carbon nanotube tips. Nanoscale, 11, 4854-4858.
- Lianxi Zheng, B. C. Satishkumar. (2011). Carbon-Nanotube-Based SensorsNanosensors. (pp. 1-30)..
- Pingqi Gao, Lianxi Zheng, Qing Zhang, Shaoning Yuan, Yumeng You, Zexiang Shen, Deyan He,. (2010). Self-Built Tensile Strain in Ultra-long Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes. ACS Nano, In press.
- Lianxi zheng, Gengzhi Sun, Zhaoyao Zhan. (2010). Tuning Array Morphology for High-Strength Nanotube Fibers. Small, 6, 132-137.
- Lianxi Zheng, Satishkumar B C, Pingqi Gao and Qing Zhang. (2009). Kinetics Studies of Ultra-long Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 113, 10896–10900.