|Asst Prof Wong Ngai Yuen|
Division of Infrastructure Systems and Maritime Studies
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
- Postdoctoral Researcher Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2008
- PhD Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2007
- BSc (Hons) University of Hong Kong 1999
Sep 2009 - Present Assistant Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Apr 2008 - Jun 2009 Tunnel Engineer, CDM, Inc., MA, USA
Oct 2007 - Apr 2008 Postdoctoral Fellow, MIT, USA
Feb 2007 Visiting Scholar, Handong Global University, Pohang, South Korea
July 2003 Research Assistant, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Aug 1999 - Aug 2002 Engineering Geology Graduate , Geotechnical Engineering Office, Hong Kong SAR Government
Jun 1999 - Aug 1999 Assistant Geotechnical Engineer, I-P Foundations Ltd., Hong Kong
Personal Homepage: http://sites.google.com/site/louisnywong/
|- Rock mechanics
- Engineering geology
- Underground engineering
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Defence Science and Technology Agency (2009-)
- Defence Science and Technology Agency (2009-) [by MINDEF - Defence Science & Technology Agency (DSTA)]
- JTC Corporation - NTU (2007-) [by Jurong Town Corp]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2011-)
- Start Up Grant (2009-) [by MOE]
|Current Projects |
- Crack coalescence in rocks under quasi-static to dynamic compression
- Differentiating Natural Rock Discontinuities from Drilling Breaks for Underground Engineering Design Purpose
- Experimental Characterization of Semi-Brittle Materials in Dynamic Tension Based on Split Hopkinson Tension Bar(SHTB) Technique
- The Jurong rock cavern project at Banyan Basin, Jurong Island (JTC C05502007)/07: Experimental Study of Intact Rock Properties, Shearing Resistance of Rock Joints and Permeability Tests
- The Jurong rock cavern project at Banyan Basin, Jurong Island (JTC C05502007)01: Experimental Study of Intact Rock Properties, Shearing Resistance of Rock Joints and Permeability Tests
- The Jurong rock cavern project at Banyan Basin, Jurong Island (JTC C05502007)04: 3D Geological Information System
- UTRE Phase II (POD0814223-PTRC-CEE/DSTA/2009.07)
- UTRE Phase II - Close range digital photogrammetry for roughness measurement of rock surfaces (POD0814223-PTRC-CEE/DSTA/2009.13)
- Underground Technology and Rock Engineering (UTRE) Phase II - Engineering Geological Study For Digital Rock Engineering Application (POD0814223-PTRC-CEE/DSTA/2009.12)
- Zhang, X.P. and Wong, L.N.Y. (2013). Loading rate effects on cracking behavior of flaw-contained specimens under uniaxial compression. International Journal of Fracture, 180(1), 93-110.
- Li, H. and Wong L.N.Y. (2012). Influence of flaw inclination and loading rate on cracking processes in specimens containing single flaws. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 49(18), nternational Journal of Solids and Structures.
- Li, D., Wong, L.N.Y., Liu, G. and Zhang, X.P. (2012). Influence of water content and anisotropy on the strength and deformability of low porosity meta-sedimentary rocks under triaxial compression. Engineering Geology, 126, 46-66.
- Wu Z.J., Wong, L.N.Y. (2012). Frictional crack initiation and propagation analysis by numerical manifold method. Computers and Geotechnics, 39, 38-53.
- Wong, L.N.Y. and Einstein, H.H. (2009). Crack Coalescence in Molded Gypsum and Carrara Marble: Part 1 – Macroscopic Observations and Interpretation. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, 42(3), 475-511.