|Asst Prof Xiang Liming|
Division of Mathematical Sciences
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD City University of Hongkong 2002
- MS Yunnan University 1994
- BS Yunnan University 1990
|Dr. Xiang Liming has been an Assistant Professor of the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences since 2007. She received her Ph.D. degree in statistics from the City University of Hong Kong in 2002, and was awarded the Outstanding Research Thesis Award for 2002-2003 by the City University of Hong Kong. She did her postdoctoral research at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and the City University of Hong Kong respectively during 2003-2006. Her research interests include clustered/longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis, robust estimation, statistical diagnostics, biostatistics and statistical quality control. Dr. Xiang is a member of the American Statistical Association.|
|Dr. Xiang Liming's areas of expertise are clustered/longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis, robust estimation, statistical diagnostics, biostatistics and statistical quality control. Her current research work focuses on robust approaches for finite mixture with random effects and survival analysis.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2008-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2010-)
|Current Projects |
- Analysis of Multivariate Survival Data based on Mixture Cure Models
- ROBUST ESTIMATION METHODS FOR FINITE MIXTURES OF GENERALIZED LINEAR MIXED MODELS (GLMM)
- Hu, T. and Xiang, L. (2013). Efficient Estimation for Semiparametric Cure Models with Interval-Censored Data. Journal of Multivariate Statistics, 121, 139–151.
- Ma Xiangmei and Xiang Liming. (2013). Testing for the presence of a cure fraction in clustered interval-censored survival data. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics , 55(2), 173-190.
- Liming Xiang, Kelvin K.W. Yau, Andy H. Lee. (2012). The robust estimation method for a finite mixture of Poisson mixed-Effect models. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 56(6), 1994-2005.
- Xiang L., Ma, X. and Yau K.K.W. (2011). Mixture cure model with random effects for clustered and interval-censored survival data. Statistics in Medicine, 30(9), 995-1006.
- Lee AH, Xiang L, and Fumi H. (2010). Modelling physical activity outcomes: a two-stage generalized estimating equations approach. Epidemiology, 21(5), 626-630.