|Lin has published papers in Psychological Science, Journal of Research in Personality, Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, Social and Personality Psychology Compass, Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, Journal of Interactive Learning Research, and Journal of Educational Computing Research. His past research has received funding from US National Science Foundation, Microsoft Research, Hewlett-Packard, and Ministry of Education of Singapore. Lin has been invited to provide consultation and training to IT organizations, including Singapore Defence Science and Technology Agency, Arab Organization for Internet Standards, Malaysian Institute of Microelectronic Systems, and Institutes of Creative Industries Design in Taiwan. Besides teaching and research, Lin has worked in a silicon valley startup to create human-centric social media analytics tools. Lin received his PhD from Northwestern University.|
- Agent-based Modeling of Online Collective Action
- Agent-based Modeling: Integration of Social, Psychological, and Computational Analyses
- Computational Modeling of Societal Corruption
- Electric Vehicles (EVs) User Behaviour Modeling
- Understanding the Effect of Collaborative Activities in the Virtual World on Human Collaboration in the Real World
- Understanding the Impact of Online and Virtual Activities on Social Behaviors
- Qiu, L., Lin, H., & Leung, A. K.-y. (2013). Cultural Differences and Switching of In-group Sharing Behavior between an American (Facebook) and a Chinese (Renren) Social Networking Site.. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 44(1), 106 - 121.
- Qiu, L., Lin, H., Ramsay, J., & Yang, F. (2012). You Are What You Tweet: Personality Expression and Perception on Twitter. Journal of Research in Personality, 46(6), 710 - 718.
- Qiu, L., Lin, H., Leung, A. K.-y., & Tov, W. (2012). Putting Their Best Foot Forward: Emotional Disclosure on Facebook. CyberPsychology and Behavior, 15(10), 569 - 572.
- Leung, A. K-y., Qiu, L., Ong, L., & Tam, K-P. (2011). Embodied Cultural Cognition: Situating the Study of Embodied Cognition in Socio-Cultural Contexts. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, .
- Leung, A. K.-y., Qiu, L., Ong, L., & Tam, K-p. (2011). Going beyond fundamental embodied cognition: Toward the embodiment of more complex phenomena. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 5, 591-608.