|Assoc Prof Wang Li-Lian|
Division of Mathematical Sciences
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD Shanghai University 2000
- BS Xiang Tan Normal University 1995
|Dr. Wang Li-Lian is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Mathematical Sciences in the School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences since December, 2005. He received his PhD degree in Computational Mathematics from Shanghai University, China in 2000. He then joined Shanghai Normal University. He worked as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Purdue University, USA in August 2002-August 2003, and he was a Visiting Assistant Professor in Purdue University, USA in the period of August 2003-December 2005.|
|Dr. Wang's research focuses are centered around the design, analysis and implementations of efficient computational methods for problems in fluid dynamics, electromagnetics and finances. His recent research interest is also with variational and PDE-based image processing.|
|Research Grant |
|Current Projects |
- Development of Efficient Spectral Methods for Unbounded/Exterior Domains with Applications to Time Harmonic Wave Scattering
- Image Restoration, Segmentation and Registration Using Partial Differential Equations
- Surface Construction, Compression and Encoding for IDM Applications
- Yuying Shi, Li-Lian Wang and Xue-Cheng Tai. (2012). Geometry of total variation regularized image L^p-model. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 236(8), 2223-2234.
- Ying Gu, Li-Lian Wang and Xue-Cheng Tai. (2011). A direct approach towards global minimization for multiphase labeling and segmentation problems. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, , Accepted.
- Ziqing Xie, Li-Lian Wang and Xiaodan Zhao. (2011). On exponential convergence of Gegenbauer interpolation and spectral differentiation. Mathematics of Computation, , Accepted.
- Zhijian Rong, Li-Lian Wang and Xue-Cheng Tai. (2011). Adaptive wavelet collocation methods for image segmentation using TV–Allen–Cahn type models. Advances in Computational Mathematics, DOI 10.1007/s10.
- Zhi-Feng Pang, Li-Lian Wang and Yu-Fei Yang. (2011). Fast Algorithms for the Anisotropic LLT Model in Image Denoising. East Asian Journal on Applied Mathematics, 1(3), 264-283.