|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Lars Nordenskiold
Associate Dean (Academic), College of Science
Division of Structural Biology & Biochemistry
School of Biological Sciences
College of Science
- PhD Stockholm University 1981
- BSc Stockholm University 1976
• Post doctoral stay at University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA, 1982-1983.
• Faculty appointment at Stockholm University, Division of physical chemistry, 1983-2002.
• Full professor in physical chemistry at Stockholm University, from 2000.
• Professor at School of Biological sciences, NTU, Singapore from 2002.
|• Chromatin Biophysics: Electrostatic and Molecular Mechanisms of Chromatin Condensation
• DNA Compaction and Gene Delivery
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2014-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 3 (2013-)
- Biophysical Studies of Nucleosome Arrays with Site-Specifically Modified Histone Tails
- Characterization and understanding of DNA compaction and DNA-peptide/ligand interactions with applications to gene regulation and delivery:Biophysics and computer modelling approaches
- Developing multi-scale computer simulation models for a complete coarse-grained description of biopolymer assemblies including solvent effects
- General Biophysics Research
- Investigation of DNA Photolyase Repair Dynamics in Chromatin Using Ultrafast Spectroscopy
- Multi-Scale Simulations of Biomolecular Self-Assembly by Inverse Monte Carlo
- Self-Assembly and ordered structure of phospholipid complexes with nucleosome and chromatin
- Structural response of chromatin to epigenetic modifications by solid state NMR
- Synthesis, Biophysical Characterization and Delivery properties of novel peptides for integrin targeting in non viral gene delivery to cancer cells
- Telomere Dynamics and Genome Function: From DNA to Nucleosomes to Chromosomes
- Y. Yang, A. P. Lyubartsev, N. Korolev, L. Nordenskiold. (2009). Computer modeling reveals that modifications of the histone tail charges define salt-dependent interaction of the nucleosome core particles. Biophysical Journal, 96, 2082-2094.
- L. Dai, YG. Mu, L. Nordenskiold, A. Lapp, and Johan R. C. van der Maarel,. (2007). Charge Structure and Counterion Distribution in Hexagonal DNA Liquid Crystal. Biophysical Journal, 92(3), 947-958.
- Dandan Huang, Nikolay Korolev, James P. Tam, Khee Dong Eom, Lars Nordenskiold. (2007). Design and biophysical characterization of novel polycationic e-peptides for DNA compaction and delivery. Biomacromolecules, .
- Nikolay Korolev, Olga V. Vorontsova, Lars Nordenskiold. (2007). Physicochemical analysis of electrostatic foundation for DNA-protein interactions in chromatin transformations. Progress in Biophysics & Molecular Biology, 95(1-3), 23-49.
- Nikolay Korolev, Lars Nordenskiold. (2007). H4 histone tail mediated DNA-DNA interaction and effects on DNA structure, flexibility, and counterion binding: a molecular dynamics study. Biopolymers, 86(5-6), 409-423.
« Back to Category Write-up