|Dr. Chen Lang joined the School of Materials Science and Engineering at NTU in September 2006. He got BS degree in Fudan University in 1997 and MS degree from Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2000. He obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Maryland in 2005, subsequently spent one year in France as a CNRS postdoc research fellow. He has worked extensively on the study of ferroelectric and multiferroic thin films with a focus on dielectric and magnetic properties of domain structures. He explained the nonlinear piezoresponse of ferroelectric thin film and was among the first group to elucidate the ferroelastic domain dynamics in ferroelectric thin films. He has published many papers in various journals including Nature Materials, PRL, PRB, APL, Adv Mat, Adv Fun Mat, ACS Nano ...and etc. He also served as reviewer for many journals such as Advanced Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, New Journal of Physics, Applied Physics Letters, Nanotechnology etc.|
- Controlling Magnetism with Electric Field
- Correlated Electron Systems for Beyond Si-based Information Technology
- Fabrication of metamaterials
- Molecular-Level Electromechanical Imaging of Soft Materials
- Solid State Cooling Using Electrocaloric Working Elements
- C. W. Huang, Wei Ren, Viet Cuong Nguyen, Zuhuang Chen, Junling Wang, T. Sritharan and Lang Chen*. (2012). "Abnormal Poisson’s ratio and linear compressibility in perovskite materials" DOI: 10.1002/adma.201104676. Advanced Materials, .
- Yajun Qi, Zuhuang Chen, Lihua Wang, Xiaodong Han, Junling Wang, Thirumany Sritharan and Lang Chen. (2012). "Temperature-driven evolution of hierarchical nanodomain structure in tetragonal-like BiFeO3 films". Applied Physics Letters, 100, 022908.
- Zuhuang Chen, S. Prosandeev, Z. L. Luo, Wei Ren, Yajun Qi, C. W. Huang, Lu You, C. Gao, I. A. Kornev, Tom Wu, Junling Wang, P. Yang, T. Sritharan, L. Bellaiche and Lang Chen. (2011). Coexistence of ferroelectric triclinic phases and in highly strained BiFeO$_3$ films. Physical Review B, 84, 094116.
- Z. H. Chen, Z. L. Luo, C. W. Huang, Y. J. Qi, P. Yang, L. You, C. S. Hu, T. Wu, J. L. Wang, C. Gao, T. Sritharan, and Lang Chen. (2011). Monoclinic Phases and Polarization Rotation Path Mediated by Epitaxial Strain in Multiferroic BiFeO3 Thin Films. Advanced Functional Materials, 21(1), 133.
- Viet Cuong Nguyen, Lang Chen*, and Klaus Halterman. (2010). Total transmission and total reflection by zero index metamaterials. Physical Review Letters, 105(23), 233908.