|Dr. Zhou is currently an Assistant Professor at the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research interests focus on micro/nano mechanics of materials and structures, novel computational methods for modeling material behavior, and sustainable energy and green technologies. He worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Center for Surface Engineering & Tribology, Northwestern University, USA from 2007 to 2010. He was a Visiting Scholar at the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, USA for 2 months in 2013.
He has published 3 book chapters and 67 papers in refereed journals including Physical Review letters, Applied Physics Letters and Acta Materialia. He currently serves on the Elasticity Committee of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). He is also a member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers (STLE), and International Chinese Association for Computational Mechanics (ICACM).
- 3D Physical Failure Analysis and Characterization for Microelectronic Packaging
- Framework for remanufacturing process qualification based on fatigue durability performance assessments
- Methodology for remanufacturing components subject to contact fatigue and wear
- Modeling damage to contact surfaces of materials with internal defects
- Multifunctional enhancement of graphene via strain engineering
- Perfectly Ordered Nano-heterojunction Arrays for Optoelectronic Applications
- Simulation of the laser metal deposition process
- Study on the Mechanical Properties of Laser Additive Welded Rods
- Toughened nanocomposite resins for rigid composite riser with thin titanium liner
- Work Package 5 (Selective Laser Sintering)
- Wu RB, Li BS, Zhou K, Chan SH, Tey JN, Wei J, Li L, Wang X, Wang LY. (2013). Assembly of Pt Nanowires into Cubelike Superstructures Supported on Aligned Carbon Nanotubes as Highly Stable Electrocatalysts. Chemistry-A Europe Journal, .
- Zhou, K., Hoh, H. J., Wang, X., Keer, L. M., Pang, J. H. L., Song, B., Wang, Q. J. (2013). A review of recent works on inclusions. Mechanics of Materials, 60, 144-158.
- J.A. Baimova, S.V. Dmitriev, K. Zhou, and A.V. Savin. (2012). Unidirectional ripples in strained graphene nanoribbons with clamped edges at zero and finite temperatures. Physical Review B, 86, 035427.
- J.A. Baimova, S.V. Dmitriev, K. Zhou. (2012). Strain induced ripples in graphene nanoribbons with clamped edges. PHYSICA STATUS SOLIDI B-BASIC SOLID STATE PHYSICS, 249(7), 1393-1398.
- Zhou, K., Keer, L. M., Wang, Q. J., and Hua, D. Y. (2011). Size prediction of particles caused by chipping wear of hard coatings. Wear, 271(7-8), 1203-1206.