|Assoc Prof (Adj) Yao Kui|
Adjunct Associate Professor
Division of Materials Science
School of Materials Science & Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5175
- PhD Xi'an Jiaotong University 1995
- MS Xidian University 1992
- BS Xi'an Jiaotong University 1989
|Yao Kui received the B.E. degree in E.E. and the Ph.D in electronics materials and devices, both from Xi'an Jiaotong University, China, in 1989 and 1995, respectively, and the M.E. degree in technical physics from Xidian University, China, in 1992. Currently, he is a Senior Scientist in the Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE), A*STAR (Agency for Science, Technology and Research),Singapore. During 1998 - 1999, he worked in the Materials Research Laboratory, The Pennsylvania State University, USA. Previously, he was a postdoctoral fellow in the Microelectronic Center at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, during 1995-1997.|
|Yao Kui's research areas cover smart materials with sensing, actuation, power generation functions, and their integrations in micro and nano systems. The materials and the related functional mechanisms under his current interests include ferroelectric, piezoelectric, electrostrictive, photovoltaic, photostrictive, chemical and bio sensor materials. Working together with his research team and collaborators, he has designed and demonstrated a variety of sensors, actuators, and transducers on the basis of the functional mechanisms of the smart materials. Thin film depositions and micro/nano fabrication processes are used to produce many of the miniaturized devices. His research work has attracted significant interests for industry applications and currently he is active in collaborating with industry.|
- Tan CKI., Yao K., Ma J. (2011). Effects of Ultrasonic Irradiation on the Structural and Electrical Properties of Lead-Free 0.94(K0.5Na0.5)NbO3-0.06LiNbO(3) Ceramics. Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 94(3), 776-781.
- Meysam Sharifzadeh Mirshekarloo, Kui Yao, Thirumany Sritharan. (2010). Large strain and high energy storage density in orthorhombic perovskite (Pb0.97La0,02)(Zr1-x-ySnxTiy)O3 antiferroelectric thin films. Applied Physics Letters, 97(14), 142902 1-3.
- Goh PC., Yao K., Chen Z. (2010). Lead free piezoelectric (K0.5Na0.5)NbO3 thin films derived from chemical solution modified with stabilizing agents. Applied Physics Letters, 97(10), 102901.
- Goh PC., Yao K., Chen Z. (2009). Titanium Diffusion into (K0.5Na0.5)NbO3 Thin Films Deposited on Pt/Ti/SiO2/Si Substrates and Corresponding Effects. Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 92(6), 1322-1327.
- Z. Zhang, W. Zhu, and K. Yao. (1999). Effect of Grain Sizes on Piezoelectric Properties of Multilayer Thick Film Actuators. Integrated Ferroelectrics, 232, 223.