|Dr Ng Kee Woei was one of the first recipients of the A*STAR Graduate Scholarship. A mechanical engineer by training, he completed his PhD at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, in 2006. Dr Ng underwent postdoctoral training at the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology and at the Institute of Medical Biology, A*STAR. He has worked on a number of projects to tissue engineer skin, bone and cartilage. He is also interested in pursuing fundamental understanding of cell-material interactions, including the toxicological influence of nanomaterials. Prior to joining NTU in 2008, Dr Ng was senior research fellow at the Institute of Medical Biology, A*STAR, working on epithelial stem cells, wound healing and keratin dynamics.|
- A feasibility study of keratin as a tissue regeneration template for chronic wounds (Proj Code: ISG/11021)
- Developing Functional Scaffolds for Blood Vessel Engineering using Human Hair Proteins
- Development of Poly(ethylene glycol)-Keratin Hydrogels for Biomedical Applications
- Development of a Photocrosslinkable Hair Keratin Based Hydrogel for Regenerating Vascularized Skin Grafts
- Evaluation of keratin coated substrates in promoting keratinocyte differentiation and migration
- Modulating mesenchymal stem cell differentiation by controlling cellular morphology and material surface topography
- Research Collaboration on High Speed Flash X-Ray System
- Sub Project 6 - Importance of Toughness/Hardness in Ceramics Armours
- Understanding the Social, Environmental and Health Impact of Nanomaterials
- 3. Setyawati, M.I., Tay, C.Y., Chia, S.L., Fang, W., Neo, M.J., Chong, H.C., Tan, S.M., Loo, S.C., Ng, K.W., Xie, J.P., Ong, C.N., Tan, N.S. and Leong, D.T. (2013). Titanium dioxide nanomaterials cause endothelial cell leakiness by disrupting the homophilic interaction of VE-cadherin.. Nature Communications, 4, 1673.
- Sow WT, Lui YS, Ng KW. (2013). Electrospun Human Keratin Matrices as Templates for Tissue Regeneration. Nanomedicine, .
- Ho VHB, Guo WM, Huang CL, Ho SF, Chaw SY, Tan EY, Ng KW, Loo JSC. (2013). Manipulating Magnetic Multicellular Spheroids in Hanging Drops for Applications in Tissue Engineering and Drug Screening. Advanced Healthcare Materials, .
- Setyawati MI, Tay CY, Chia SL, Goh SL, Fang W, Neo MJ, Chong HC, Tan SM, Loo SC, Ng KW, Xie JP, Ong CN, Tan NS, Leong DT. (2013). TiO2 Nanomaterials Cause Endothelial Cell Leakiness by Disrupting the Homophillic Interaction of VE-cadherin. Nature Communications, .
- Xiong S, Tang Y, Ng HS, Zhao X, Jiang Z, Chen Z, Ng KW, Loo SCJ. (2013). Specific Surface Area of Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) Particles Influences Cyto- and Photo- Toxicity. Toxicology, .