|Ken-Tye Yong is an Assistant Professor at the Nanyang Technological University in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. He received his PhD from Chemical and Biological Engineering in SUNY at Buffalo in 2006. His PhD work involves the synthesis, functionalization, and application of nanoparticles. Following completion of his graduate studies, he did his post-doc at the Institute for Lasers, Photonics and Biophotonics from 2006 to 2009, where his research focus is in the area of biophotonics, nanophotonics, and nanomedicine. Ken-Tye Yong has published more than 60 papers and served as a reviewer for 45 international journals. His academic honors include Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society, Visionary Innovation Award, Best Poster Award Winner in National Cancer Institute Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer Investigators Meeting for 2007, and American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)-Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Research Fellowship Award for 2008.|
- Detection of Pancreatic Cancer Using Multimodal Cadmium-free Quantum Dots
- Engineering Surface-enhanced Raman Scattering Gold Nanorods for Biomedical Applications
- High Power Silica Fibre Based Mid-IR Lasers
- Microfiber Bragg Grating Sensor for Point-of-care Diagnostic Applications
- Synthesis of Antibody-conjugated Quantum Rods for Targeted Imaging of Cancer Cells
- Theranostgics Biodegradable Nanoparticles for Prostate Cancer Imaging and Therapy
- Jing Zhu, Tianxun Gong, Atcha Kopwitthaya, Rui Hu, Wing-Cheung Law, Indrajit Roy, Huijie Huang, Ken-Tye Yong. (2013). Synthesis of PEGylated gold nanorods (Au NRs) as absorption nanoprobes for near-infrared optical imaging. RSC Advances, early view.
- Peiyi Song, Danny Jian Hang Tng, Rui Hu, Guimiao Lin, Ellis Meng, Ken‐Tye Yong. (2013). An Electrochemically Actuated MEMS Device for Individualized Drug Delivery: an In Vitro Study. Advanced Healthcare Materials, Early view(DOI: 10.1002/ad).
- Jing Liu, Wing-Cheung Law, Jianwei Liu, Rui Hu, Liwei Liu, Jing Zhu, Hongyan Chen, Jianhua Wang, Yazhuo Hu, Ling Ye, Ken-Tye Yong. (2013). Toxicity assessment of phospholipid micelle-encapsulated cadmium-based quantum dots using Kunming mice. RSC Advances, 3(6), 1768-1773.
- Rui Hu, Yucheng Wang, Xin Liu, Guimiao Lin, Cher Heng Tan, Wing-Cheung Law, Indrajit Roy, Ken-Tye Yong. (2013). Rational design of multimodal and multifunctional InP quantum dot nanoprobes for cancer: in vitro and in vivo applications. RSC Advances, Advance Article(DOI: 10.1039/C3RA231).
- Kandammathe Valiyaveedu Sreekanth, Shuwen Zeng, Ken-Tye Yong, Ting Yu. (2013). Sensitivity enhanced biosensor using graphene-based one-dimensional photonic crystal. Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical, 182, 424–428.