|Ken-Tye Yong is an Assistant Professor at the Nanyang Technological University in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. He received his PhD from Chemical and Biological Engineering in SUNY at Buffalo in 2006. His PhD work involves the synthesis, functionalization, and application of nanoparticles. Following completion of his graduate studies, he did his post-doc at the Institute for Lasers, Photonics and Biophotonics from 2006 to 2009, where his research focus is in the area of biophotonics, nanophotonics, and nanomedicine. Ken-Tye Yong has published more than 60 papers and served as a reviewer for 45 international journals. His academic honors include Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society, Visionary Innovation Award, Best Poster Award Winner in National Cancer Institute Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer Investigators Meeting for 2007, and American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)-Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Research Fellowship Award for 2008.|
- Detection of Pancreatic Cancer Using Multimodal Cadmium-free Quantum Dots
- Engineering Surface-enhanced Raman Scattering Gold Nanorods for Biomedical Applications
- High Power Silica Fibre Based Mid-IR Lasers
- Microfiber Bragg Grating Sensor for Point-of-care Diagnostic Applications
- Synthesis of Antibody-conjugated Quantum Rods for Targeted Imaging of Cancer Cells
- Theranostgics Biodegradable Nanoparticles for Prostate Cancer Imaging and Therapy
- Kandammathe Valiyaveedu Sreekanth, Shuwen Zeng, Jingzhi Shang, Ken-Tye Yong, Ting Yu. (2012). Excitation of surface electromagnetic waves in a graphene-based Bragg grating. Scientific Reports, .
- Shuwen Zeng, Xia Yu, Wing-Cheung Law, Yating Zhang, Rui Hu, Xuan-Quyen Dinh, Ho-Pui Ho, Ken-Tye Yong. (2012). Size dependence of Au NP-enhanced surface plasmon resonance based on differential phase measurement. Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical, .
- Rui Hu, Wing-Cheung Law, Guimiao Lin, Ling Ye, Jianwei Liu, Jing Liu, Jessica L. Reynolds and Ken-Tye Yong. (2012). PEGylated Phospholipid Micelle-Encapsulated Near-Infrared PbS Quantum Dots for in vitro and in vivo Bioimaging. Theranostics, .
- Ken-Tye Yong, Yucheng Wang, Indrajit Roy, Hu Rui, Mark T. Swihart, Wing-Cheung Law, Sang Kyu Kwak, Ling Ye, Jianwei Liu, Supriya D. Mahajan, and Jessica L. Reynolds. (2012). Preparation of Quantum Dot/Drug Nanoparticle Formulations for Traceable Targeted Delivery and Therapy. Theranostics, .
- Ling Ye, Ken-Tye Yong, Liwei Liu, Indrajit Roy, Rui Hu, Jing Zhu, Hongxing Cai, Wing-Cheung Law, Jianwei Liu, Kai Wang, Jing Liu, Yaqian Liu, Yazhuo Hu, Xihe Zhang, Mark T. Swihart & Paras N. Prasad. (2012). A pilot study in non-human primates shows no adverse response to intravenous injection of quantum dots. Nature Nanotechnology, .