|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Kevin Andrew Riordan
Assistant Professor, School of Humanities
Phone: +65 67906704
Office: HSS 03 72
|Kevin Riordan is an Assistant Professor in the School of Humanities. He received his PhD from the University of Minnesota and a BA from Amherst College in English and Theater & Dance. Prior to joining NTU, he taught in the Writing Program at NYU Abu Dhabi where he also served as Associate Director of the Writing Center. In 2018, he was a Writing Fellow at the Johannesburg Institute of Advanced Study, and he has recently co-founded the Modernist Studies in Asia (MSIA) research network.|
Riordan's research examines shifting understandings of global time and space in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, and he currently is working on a performance history of the around-the-world tour. His publications have appeared in journals such as Modernism/modernity, American Studies, and Performance Research. Finally, in addition to his academic interests, Riordan is also a Resident Artist in the New York–based performance group Theater Mitu.
Theater and Performance
Comparative and World Literatures
- (1) Around-the-World Modernism: Circulations in Jules Verne's Wake (2) Moving World Theater
- Kevin Riordan. (2018). Jean Cocteau's Around-the-World Performance. Modernism/Modernity, 25(4), 633-654.
- Kevin Riordan. (2017). Itinerant Cinema and the Moving Image of Modernism's Borders. Affirmations: of the modern, 5(1), 106-125.
- Kevin Riordan. (2017). Performance in the Wartime Archive: Michio Ito at the Alien Enemy Hearing Board. American Studies, 55/56(4/1), 67-89.
- Kevin Riordan. (2015). Hiroshi Sugimoto and the photography of theatre. Performance Research, 20(2), 102-111.
- Kevin Riordan. (2014). Salesman in Abu Dhabi: The Geopathology of Objects. Modern Drama, 57(3), 409-432.
« Back to Category Write-up