|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Kevin Andrew Riordan
School of Humanities
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD (Eng Lang & Lit) University of Minnesota 2011
- BA(magna cum laude)(Eng,Theater & Dance) Amherst College 2001
|Kevin Riordan is an Assistant Professor in the Division of English. He received his PhD from the University of Minnesota and a BA from Amherst College in English and Theater & Dance. Prior to joining NTU, he taught in the Writing Program at NYU Abu Dhabi where he also served as Associate Director of the Writing Center. Riordan's research examines shifting understandings of global time and space in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, and he currently is working on a cultural history of the around-the-world tour. His publications have appeared in Theatre Annual and Modernism/modernity.|
Theater and Performance
Comparative and World Literatures
- (1) Around-the-World Modernism: Circulations in Jules Verne's Wake (2) Moving World Theater
- Kevin Riordan. (2018). Jean Cocteau's Around-the-World Performance. Modernism/Modernity, 25(4), 633-654.
- Kevin Riordan. (2017). Itinerant Cinema and the Moving Image of Modernism's Borders. Affirmations: of the modern, 5(1), 106-125.
- Kevin Riordan. (2017). Performance in the Wartime Archive: Michio Ito at the Alien Enemy Hearing Board. American Studies, 55/56(4/1), 67-89.
- Kevin Riordan. (2015). Hiroshi Sugimoto and the photography of theatre. Performance Research, 20(2), 102-111.
- Kevin Riordan. (2014). Salesman in Abu Dhabi: The Geopathology of Objects. Modern Drama, 57(3), 409-432.
« Back to Category Write-up