|Asst Prof Lee Kijoon|
Division of Bioengineering
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4702
- PhD Brown University 2002
- MSc Brown University 1998
- MSc Seoul National University 1995
- BSc Seoul National University 1991
|Prof Lee Kijoon is currently in the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE) since 2007. He received his bachelor's and master's degree in Physics from Seoul National University in Korea, and received Ph.D in Physics from Brown University in the United States. He did his post-doctoral research in the University of Pennsylvania before joining NTU. His expertise are instrumentation and numerical computation involved in diffuse optical tomography (DOT) and diffuse correlation spectroscopy (DCS), an emerging non-invasive clinical probe for hemodynamic monitoring. He is a member of OSA, APS, SPIE, and IEEE Photonics Society. He is serving as treasurer of Singapore Chapter of OSA, committee member of Singapore chapter of IEEE PS and EMBS, and vice chair of IEEE Sensor Council Singapore Section. He is an associate editor of Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics.|
|His research interest is over a broad area of interaction of light with human tissue, with the application in medical imaging in mind. Main research field is noninvasive deep tissue probing by diffuse optics, including diffuse optical tomography (DOT) and diffuse correlation spectroscopy (DCS). He is experienced in both instrumentation and numerical image reconstruction, and is actively performing research on building a clinical device for breast cancer screening, brain activity monitoring, and blood perfusion monitoring in lower limb.|
Collaborating institutions are National Cancer Center in Singapore, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and A*STAR.
|Current Projects |
- Age-related variation in the resilient properties of connective tissues: an investigation on micro-structural failures in the extra-cellular matrix
- New Research Initiatives in Chemical and Bioengineering Areas
- Totally non-contact diffuse optical whole body imaging of small animal in-vivo with high spatial and temporal resolution
- Jing Dong, Renzhe Bi, Jun Hui Ho, Patricia S.P. Thong, Khee-Chee Soo, Kijoon Lee. (2012). Diffuse correlation spectroscopy with a fast Fourier transform-based software autocorrelator. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 17(9).
- Renzhe Bi, Jing Dong, Kijoon Lee. (2012). Coherent backscattering cone shape depends on the beam size. Applied Optics, 51(26), 6301-6306.
- Jun Hui Ho, Hooi Ling Chin, Jing Dong, Kijoon Lee. (2012). Multi-harmonic homodyne approach for optical property measurement of turbid medium in transmission geometry. Optics Communications, 285(7), 2007-2011.
- Longhua Guo, Abdul Ferhan, Kijoon Lee, Dong-Hwan Kim. (2011). Nanoarray-based Biomolecular Detection Using Individual Au-Nanoparticles with Minimized LSPR Variations. Analytical Chemistry, 83(7), 2605-2612.
- Lee K. (2011). Optical mammography: Diffuse optical imaging of breast cancer. World Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2(1), 64-72.