|Asst Prof Zhao Jiyun |
Division of Power Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4508
- PhD Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2005
- MS Tsinghua University 2000
- BS Huazhong Uni of Science & Tech 1997
|Dr. Zhao is currently an assistant professor jointly appointed by division of power engineering at school of EEE and division of thermal & fluids engineering at school of MAE. He was a senior engineer working at AREVA NP North America Headquarters from 2005 to 2010. Dr. Zhao got his Ph.D. degree from Nuclear Science and Engineering Department at MIT in 2005. Before going US for Ph.D. studies, he worked as an engineer in Nuclear Safety Center of the Chinese Ministry of the Environmental Protection from 2000 to 2001. In 1999, he graduated from Tsinghua University with a Master degree also in Nuclear Science and Engineering. Dr. Zhao obtained his Bachelor's degree from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in Energy and Power Engnieering in 1997. He is a member of American Nuclear Society, IEEE, IEEE Power & Energy Society.|
|1. Renewable Energy and Energy storage systems|
2. Nuclear energy systems and its impact on environment
3. Thermal and Power Engineering
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2012-2015) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- JTC Corporation - NTU (2012-)
- JTC Corporation - NTU (2012-2014) [by JTC Corporation]
- NTU Internal Funding - EEE (2012-2013) [by School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering]
|Current Projects |
- A Sustainable Green Campus Incorporating Load Agrregator, Renewable Energy and Storage Systems
- Development of High Performance Microchannel Heat Sink for Electronic Devices
- Feasibility Studies on Vanadium-redox Flow Batteries for Energy Storage in Buildings
- Feasibility studies on vanadium-redox flow batteries for energy storage in buildings
- Safety-enhanced Small Nuclear Reactors Design
- Tidal In-stream Energy Resource Assessment and Feasibility Study at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
- Shan Yin, King Jet Tseng, Jiyun Zhao. (2013). Design of AlN-based micro-channel heat sink in direct bond copper for power electronics packaging. Applied Thermal Engineering, 52(1), 120-129.
- M. Ting and J. Zhao. (2012). Large-eddy simulation of thermal fatigue in a mixing tee. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, .
- W. Yuan, J. Zhao, etc. (2012). Numerical simulation of the thermal hydraulic performance of a plate pin fin heat sink. Applied Thermal Engineering, .
- Lin Bu and Jiyun Zhao. (2012). Numerical simulation of the water bubble rising in a liquid column using the combination of level set and moving mesh methods in the collocated grids. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, .
- J. Zhao, C.P. Tso and K.J. Tseng. (2012). Nonhomogenous-NonEquilibrium Two-phase Flow Model for Nuclear Reactor Single Channel Stability Analysis. Nuclear Technology, accepted.