|Asst Prof Wu Jianxin|
Division of Visual & Interactive Computing
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4318
- PhD The Georgia Institute of Technology 2009
- MS (Comp Sci & Tech) Nanjing University 2002
- BS (Comp Sci & Tech) Nanjing University 1999
|Dr. Wu is currently in the School of Computer Engineering since August 2009 as an assistant professor. He received his Bachelor and Master's degrees from Nanjing University, China, and his PhD degree from Georgia Institute of Technology, USA. His research interests include computer vision, machine learning, and robotics. His research works are published in top quality conferences and journals including IEEE TPAMI, IJCV, AI journal, ICCV, CVPR, ICML, and NIPS. He is a member of IEEE.|
|Dr Wu's research experience include computer vision and machine learning. His current research works focus on computer vision, machine learning, and robotics.|
|Research Grant |
|Current Projects |
- Computer Vision with the Histogram Intersection Kernel
- Efficient human and object detection from contours
- Wu J. (2012). The IEEE Int'l Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR): Power Mean SVM for Large Scale Visual Classification.
- Keally M, Zhou G, Xing G, Wu J, Pyles A. (2011). 9th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys): PBN: Towards Practical Acitvity Recognition Using Smartphone-Based Body Sensor Networks. (pp. 246-259).
- Liu G, Wu J, Zhou S. (2011). The Twenty-second International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI): Probit Classifiers with a Generalized Gaussian Scale Mixture Prior. (pp. 1372-1377).
- Wu J. (2011). The 15th Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining: Balance Support Vector Machines Locally Using the Structural Similarity Kernel. (pp. I-(112-123))Springer.
- Wu J, Geyer C, Rehg J. (2011). The 2011 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation: Real-Time Human Detection Using Contour Cues. (pp. 860-867).