|Asst Prof Kim Jung-Jae|
Division of Software & Information Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6300
- PhD(Comp Sci) Korean Advanced Institute of Sci & Tech 2006
- MSc(Comp Sci) Korean Advanced Institute of Sci & Tech 2000
- BEng(Comp Sci) Korean Advanced Institute of Sci & Tech 1998
|Jung-jae Kim is currently an Assistant Professor of the School of Computer Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore. He is a member of Bioinformatics Research Centre and of Centre for Computational Intelligence at NTU. He is an editor of Journal of Biomedical Semantics and a member of the Association for Computational Linguistics. He received his BSc, MS, and PhD in 1998, 2000, and 2006, respectively, from KAIST, South Korea. He has worked as a post-doctoral researcher for the Text Mining group of European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) from 2006 to 2009.|
|Jung-jae Kim has worked on biomedical text mining. He has designed and developed BioIE (a retargetable information extraction system), BioContrasts (a database of protein-protein contrastive information), and MedEvi (a permuted KWIC concordancer) in collaboration with colleagues of KAIST NLP&CL lab, I2R Bioinformatics group, and EBI Text Mining group. He is currently exploring the usage of biomedical ontologies for text mining in order to facilitate the integration of text mining results into interoperable solutions for the biomedical community. For the usage, he has participated in the development of Gene Regulation Ontology. This topic is closely related to, and an interdisciplinary work of, Semantic Web, Question Answering, and Ontology Engineering as well as Natural Language Processing.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-)
- Start Up Grant (2010-)
|Current Projects |
- Automatic mapping among biomedical ontologies: Applications to checking orthogonality and generating logical definitions of Gene Ontology terms
- Ontology-based Normalization of Biomedical Text for Sematic Querying
- Z. Hai, K. Chang, J.-J. Kim, C. Yang. (2013). Identifying Features in Opinion Mining via Intrinsic and Extrinsic Domain Relevance. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, , in press.
- Goeuriot, L., Na, J.C., Kyaing, W.Y.M., Khoo, C., Chang, Y.K., Theng, Y.L., & Kim, J.J. (2012). Proceedings of the 2nd ACM SIGHIT International Health Informatics Symposium (IHI 2012): Sentiment Lexicons for Health-related Opinion Mining. (pp. 219-225)Florida, USA.
- Watson Wei Khong Chua, Jung-Jae Kim. (2011). BOAT: Automatic Alignment of Biomedical Ontologies Using Term Informativeness and Candidate Selection. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, .
- Jung-Jae Kim, Xu Han, Watson Wei Khong Chua. (2011). Annotation of biomedical text with Gene Regulation Ontology: Towards Semantic Web for biomedical literature. Fourth International Symposium on Languages in Biology and Medicine (LBM 2011).
- Tuan Luu, Andrew Gan Jian Wen, Jung-Jae Kim. (2011). Statistical Approach to PubMed Query Reformulation. Fourth International Symposium on Languages in Biology and Medicine (LBM 2011).