|Asst Prof Yuan Junsong|
Nanyang Assistant Professor (NTU)
Division of Information Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4016
- PhD Northwestern University 2009
- MEng (Elect & CompEng) National University of Singapore 2005
- BEng (CommEng) Huazhong Univ of Science & Technology 2002
|Junsong Yuan joined NTU as a Nanyang Assistant Professor in Aug. 2009. He is currently the program director of video analytics at the Infocomm Center of Excellence at School of EEE, NTU. He received Ph.D. from Northwestern University, USA and M.Eng. from National University of Singapore. Before that, he graduated from the special program for the gifted young in Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, P.R.China. Dr. Yuan’s research interests include computer vision, video analytics and mining, human computer interaction, biomedical image analysis, etc. His recent research has been sponsored by Ministry of Education (MoE), National Research Foundation (NRF), Defence Science Organisation (DSO) National Labs, Singapore, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), Microsoft Research Redmond, USA, and Nanyang Technological University.
Dr. Yuan has published extensively in leading journals and international conferences. He has co-chaired two workshops at IEEE Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 2012. He serves as editor, chairs, PC member and reviewer of a number of international journals and conferences/workshops. He received the Outstanding Ph.D. Thesis award from the EECS department in Northwestern University, and the Doctoral Spotlight Award from IEEE Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Conference (CVPR'09). He was also a recipient of the elite Nanyang Assistant Professorship in 2009. He has been granted one US patent and filed two US patents and one provisional international patent.
|Computer vision, video analytics and data mining, machine learning, multimedia search|
|Research Grant |
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2012-2013) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- IDA Grant Call on Cloud Computing (2013-2013) [by Infocomm Development Authority (IDA)]
- IDM R&D Programme (2012-2017) [by Media Development Authority (MDA)]
- Institute for Media Innovation Grant (2012-2013) [by Institute for Media Innovation]
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science - NUS Joint Research Projects (2012-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- NTU Internal Funding - College of Engineering (2012-2013) [by College of Engineering]
- NTU Internal Funding - College of Engineering (2012-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- NTU Internal Funding - EEE (2012-2013) [by School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering]
- NTU Internal Funding - IMI - MDA IDMPO Award for BeingThere Centre (2012-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- NTU Internal Funding - Start Up Grant - Nanyang Assistant Professorship (2009-2013)
|Current Projects |
- Abnormal Video Event Detection for Traffic Safety
- Autonomous Virtual Humans and Social Robot For Telepresence
- Cognitive Approach for Activity Learning
- Hand Gesture Recognition via Depth Sensor
- Integrating A User Within A Group or A Crowd Using Computer Vision and Synthetic Vision
- Media Processing
- Mining Image and Video Data
- NTU-MGH Programme on Clinical Neurotechnologies
- Perceptual Image Processing and Evaluation.
- Real-time Object Retrieval in Large-scale Video Data
- Towards Reality of Integrated 3D Imaging and Display
- Towards the Reality of Autonomous Vehicles
- Zhou Ren, Junsong Yuan, Jingjing Meng and Zhengyou Zhang. (2013). Robust Part-based Hand Gesture Recognition based on Finger-Earth Mover’s Distance. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, in press.
- Junsong Yuan and Ying Wu. (2012). Mining Visual Collocation Patterns via Self-Supervised Subspace Learning. IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics Part B-Cybernetics, 42(2), 334-346.
- Junsong Yuan, Gangqiang Zhao, et. al. (2012). Discovering Thematic Objects in Images Collections and Videos. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 21(4), 2207-2219.
- Junsong Yuan, Zicheng Liu and Ying Wu. (2011). Discriminative Video Pattern Search for Eﬃcient Action Detection. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 33(9), 1728-1743.
- Fan Jiang, Junsong Yuan, Sotirios A. Tsaftaris and Aggelos K. Katsaggelos. (2011). Anomalous Video Event Detection Using Spatiotemporal Context. Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 115(3), 323-333.