|Prof Kang Jun-Koo|
Head, Division of Banking & Finance
Division of Banking & Finance
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5662
- PhD (Finance) Ohio State University 1991
- MSc (Finance) Iowa State University 1986
- BA (Business Administration) Korea University 1982
|Dr. Jun-Koo KANG is Distinguished Professor of Finance and Head of the Division of Banking and Finance at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He is also director of Insurance Risk and Finance Reserach Centre. Prior to joining NTU, Dr. Kang was the MSU Federal Credit Union Endowed Chair in Financial Institutions and Investments at Michigan State University. Dr. Kang's research interests include corporate finance and international finance, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital raising, international portfolio allocation, and banking. His research has been published in leading finance journals, such as Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Business, and Pacific-Basin Finance Journal. He currently serves as a co-editor of Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, an associate editor of International Review of Finance, Japan and the World Economy, and Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, and an editorial review board member of Journal of International Business Studies. He is also a research fellow of the Asian Institute of Corporate Governance and president of the Korea-America Finance Association. In a recent article by Chan, Chen, and Lee (2011), he was ranked number one in the Asia–Pacific region based on articles published in 21 leading finance journals during 1990-2008. Dr. Kang received his Ph.D. in finance from the Ohio State University.|
|Dr. Kang's research interests include corporate finance and international finance, particularly cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital raising, international portfolio allocation, and banking.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2009-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- Geographic Proximity and Stock Returns
- Xin Deng, Jun-Koo Kang, and Buen Sin Low. (2013). Corporate Social Responsibility and Stakeholder Value Maximization: Evidence from Mergers. Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
- Bok Baik, Jun-Koo Kang, Jin-Mo Kim, and Joonho Lee. (2013). The Liability of Foreigness in Capital Markets: Evidence from the U.S. Stock Market. Journal of International Business Studies, forthcoming.
- Kee-Hong Bae, Jae-Seung Baek, Jun-Koo Kang, and Wei-Lin Liu. (2012). Do Controlling Shareholders' Expropriation Incentives Imply a Link between Corporate Governance and Firm Value? Theory and Evidence. Journal of Financial Economics, 100, 412-435.
- Kee-Hong Bae, Jun-Koo Kang, and Jin Wang. (2011). Employee Treatment and Firm Leverage: A Test of the Stakeholder Theory of Capital Structure. Journal of Financial Economics, 100, 130-153.
- Jun-Koo Kang and Jin-Mo Kim. (2010). Do Foreign Investors Exhibit a Corporate Governance Disadvantage? An Information Asymmetry Perspective. Journal of International Business Studies, 41, 1415-1438.