|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Lin Jingxia
Associate Chair (Students), School of Humanities
School of Humanities
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: HSS-03-17/ HSS-03-84E
- PhD (Chinese Linguistics) Stanford University 2011
- MSc (Statistics) Stanford University 2010
- MSc (Linguistics) University of Alberta 2006
- BA (Eng Lang & Literature) Zhejiang University 2004
|Assistant Professor, Nanyang Technological University, 1/2013-present|
Postdoctoral Fellow, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 8/2011-12/2012
|Chinese linguistics; Syntax; Semantics; Syntax-semantics interface; Variations of World Chinese; Grammaticalization and lexicalization; Chinese dialect studies; Quantitative and corpus-based linguistics|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-)
- Grammatical Variations of World Chineses: Comparative Empirical Studies Based on Student Writings
- Motion verbs and motion constructions in Chinese: Their lexcial semantics and historical development
- Lin, Jingxia, Dingxu Shi, Menghan, Jiang and Chu-Ren Huang.(2017). Variations in World Chineses. The Routledge Handbook of Applied Chinese LinguisticsRoutledge.
- Dong, Minghui, Jingxia Lin, and Xuri Tang. (Ed.). (2016). Chinese Lexical Semantics 2016.
- Lin, Jingxia and Jeeyoung Peck. (2016). Classification of Mandarin Chinese Simple Adjectives: A Scale-based Analysis of Their Quantitative Denotations. Language and Linguistics, 17(6), 1-30.
- Lin, Jingxia and Yao Yao. (2016). Encoding emotion in Chinese: a database of Chinese emotion words with information of emotion type, intensity, and valence. Lingua Sinica, 2(6), 1-22.
- Ng, Bee Chin and Jingxia Lin. (Ed.). (2016). Lingua Sinica: Special Issue on Language and Emotion in Chinese Languages.
« Back to Category Write-up