|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Lin Jingxia
Associate Chair (Students), School of Humanities
School of Humanities
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: HSS-03-17/ HSS-03-84E
- PhD (Chinese Linguistics) Stanford University 2011
- MSc (Statistics) Stanford University 2010
- MSc (Linguistics) University of Alberta 2006
- BA (Eng Lang & Literature) Zhejiang University 2004
|Assistant Professor, Nanyang Technological University, 1/2013-present|
Postdoctoral Fellow, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 8/2011-12/2012
|Chinese linguistics; Syntax; Semantics; Syntax-semantics interface; Global Chinese; Grammaticalization and lexicalization; typology; Chinese dialect studies|
- Grammatical Variations of World Chineses: Comparative Empirical Studies Based on Student Writings
- Motion verbs and motion constructions in Chinese: Their lexcial semantics and historical development
- Peck, Jeeyoung and Jingxia Lin. (2019). Semantic Constraint on Preposition Incorporation of Postverbal Locative PPs in Mandarin Chinese (accepted). Language and Linguistics, , (SSCI).
- Lin, Jingxia, Dingxu Shi, Menghan Jiang and Chu-Ren Huang.(2018). Variations in World Chineses. The Routledge Handbook of Applied Chinese LinguisticsLondon: Routledge.
- Lin, Jingxia. (2018). Grammaticalization of shuo and jiang in Singapore Mandarin Chinese: A Spoken-Corpus-Based Study. The 19th Chinese Lexical Semantics Workshop (CLSW2018).
- Lin, Jingxia. (2018). Shuo as a complementizer in Singapore Mandarin Chinese. The joint meeting of the 26th Annual Conference of International Association of Chinese Linguistics (IACL-26) & the 20th International Conference on Chinese Language and Culture (ICCLC-20).
- Lin, Jingxia and K. K. Luke.(2018). NTU-EA: A graphic program for error annotation. In Yunfang Wu; Jia-Fei Hong; Qi Su(Ed), Chinese Lexical Semantics (Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence)(383-391). Cham: Springer.
« Back to Category Write-up