|Asst Prof Mao Jianfeng|
Division of Systems and Engineering Management
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5522
- PhD (Systems Engrg) Boston University 2009
- MEng (Systems Engrg) Tsinghua University 2004
- BEng (Automatic Control) Tsinghua University 2001
|Dr. Jianfeng Mao is currently an assistant professor in Dvision of Systems and Engineering Management at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He received the B.E. degree (Major in Automatic Control) and M.E. degree (Major in Control Theory and Applications) from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China in 2001 and 2004 respectively, and Ph.D. degree from Boston University, Boston, MA, U.S. in 2009. During the course of his doctoral program, He obtained the nomination for Best PhD Thesis in the College of Engineering at Boston University (4 out of 55). He specializes in the areas of modeling and optimization of complex systems with application to supply chain, sensor networks and manufacturing systems.|
|Discrete Event Dynamic Systems, Simulation-based Optimization, Scheduling and Combinatorial Optimization, Wireless Sensor Networks, Port-focal Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Systems|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-) [by MOE]
- Start Up Grant (2010-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Capacity Planning and Logistics Management for Resilient Supply Chain with Time-dependent Demands and Real-time Constraints
- Energy Efficiency in Resource Limited Systems with Real-Time Contraints
- Jianfeng Mao, Christos G. Cassandras. (2010). Optimal Admission Control of Discrete Event Systems with Real-Time Constraints. Discrete Event Dynamic Systems: Theory and Applications, .
- Jianfeng Mao, Christos G. Cassandras. (2010). On-line Optimal Control of a Class of Discrete Event Systems with Real-Time Constraints. Discrete Event Dynamic Systems: Theory and Applications, .
- Jianfeng Mao, Christos G. Cassandras. (2009). Optimal Control of Multi-stage Discrete Event Systems with Real-time Constraints. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 54(1), 108-123.
- Qianchuan Zhao, Jianfeng Mao, Ye Tao. (2008). Time separations of cyclic event rule systems with min–max timing constraints. Theoretical Computer Science, 407(1-3), 496-510.
- Jianfeng Mao, Christos G. Cassandras and Qianchuan Zhao. (2007). Optimal Dynamic Voltage Scaling in Energy-Limited Nonpreemptive Systems with Real-Time Constraints. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 6(6), 678-688.